Petition for all of NA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimueh

Banned
So it is a known fact that EU / Nexus plans on opening an NA server including all the new scripts created by the awesome aussies.  Well many of us in the NA have been talking about it, and we would really like to keep NA run by the NA community.  We feel that the EU community does not really connect with us or know us enough to totally end all of our server with their grasp on the aussie scripts.  We really want to play out our own future.  We are NA PW, and we plead with the awesome aussies who we have built relationships with, to let us have the banking system, and take care of our own community.  I know I was denied because of getting into forum fights, but that is just how we are in the NA, and many will vouch for me when it comes to being responsible enough to inherit the auto banking system which is needed for modern PW.  This thread will be a petition, and we will see how it turns out.  We are the Trojan server, and we aren't perfect, but with enough technology we could completely cater to the community and offer and even greater PW experience.  We reached 132 in pop today, and it is for a reason.  Though even on nexus with 142 pop not all complaints can be answered, we handle it well, and are trying to increase to amount of players interested in PW.  Please reconsider mattftw.

1.) Let EU take over NA

2.) Let NA handle it's own business and let us use the script under the terms proposed.

I see no reason for any one group to have a monopoly entirely over the mod purely because of extra scripts that are being withheld from the majority.

ps yes i am EU, still its a valid point :wink:

Honestly I'd like to see the NA server being run by NA members, but people are probably going to vote for choice one A) Because of new scripts, and B) Because (as I've seen) there are more EU players than NA. Of course they'd like to run it all. My vote, however, lies with choice #2.

[list type=decimal]
[*]The admins will include NA Admins
[*]The Management team will include NA residents
[*]There will be a consistent rule set and admin sharing between all 3 regions, giving 24/7 coverage
[*]This is not about monopoly, it is about getting the community concentrated, on the same page and having fun in a consistent way.
[*]Close co-operation including sharing accounts between the servers is part of the plan, linking the servers has to be done in a trusted environment
[*]Others will develop the same functionality
[/list]

My issue with this is a major one, if nexus has a NA server then the majority would play on it and if someone is banned on any of the others they will be banned there also. Sharing of ban lists should not be used as the player did not break the rules on the other servers and you are impeading on their ability to enjoy the mod. Not all of the bans are rightful as alot of bans are just the new players who have never played anything like PW. Also I do agree NA should be in charge of it's own future as we have seen who you have worked with (lonelyhearts) and let me tell you this the majority of NA could not stand lonelyhearts because how poor they would admin the server. I am an admin on Trojan and also on crimelife and I do my best to help out the community as much as possible and I honestly feel nexus would just give lonelyheart admins the power and we would have the same issue all over. Trojan has it's faults but we are working to remove them and I feel we should be given a chance at scripts even if it is only banking or the ability to leave the server in certain areas so no items/ money is lost. You can not judge how a community will react unless you atleast give them a chance at leading themselves.

Hans

Honestly you all have valid points but i have to agree with the post.
NA Should be ran by NA players and even though you stated that you are trying to unite the community what you are really doing is dividing it, there are other programmers out there and if you think one of the current popular NA servers (not talking just about trojan)
will let EU take over NA without at least trying to get a working script  then that's crazy because in the future they most likely will especially if their in competition with a nexus na and people will always have their favorite server, there for splitting the na population once again and we all know how ****ty that is because after the main NA server went down a couple months ago it was pretty ****ty in NA pw at least for me because there were like 4 New NA server trying to get the player base and you couldnt find a server with over 40 people until lonelyhearts united the player base once again. Trojan finally got their **** together and i mean all i can say is everything comes with experience it was the first time me or peasant ever ran a server but in my opinion we didnt do a bad job until later on and like i said everything comes from experience so now that the server is set up and its getting 100+ or at least 80 daily like before i see no reason to destroy that now.
That is just my opinion.

So i think EU should share their script with the current NA server of course you can put your terms on the table like having access to the server files etc that way you are guaranteed that the owner of server wont go around giving away the script.

But either way Matt made the script and its his choice so ill leave it at that.

They/the aussie made the script, they choose what happens to it.
We should all be grateful to them and to the aussie for giving us the awesome stuff, and in my eyes, they have earnt the right to monopoly, unlike many servers.

17th_Bern said:

I see no reason for any one group to have a monopoly entirely over the mod purely because of extra scripts that are being withheld from the majority.

ps yes i am EU, still its a valid point :wink:
You come across as really jealous here. They have earned  the monopoly. They provide a service which no other servers except the aussie one do. You may say "They didnt make it themselves", Maybe not, but they sure as hell were clever enough to make contact with the maker, and get it on their server.

S0mebody said:
[list type=decimal]
[*]There will be a consistent rule set and admin sharing between all 3 regions, giving 24/7 coverage
[*]This is not about monopoly, it is about getting the community concentrated, on the same page and having fun in a consistent way.
[*]Close co-operation including sharing accounts between the servers is part of the plan, linking the servers has to be done in a trusted environment
[/list]

But i heard you mention you already chose admins, please don't let them be from a server which was very bad and failed.  Instead trusted hardworking and known NA players should get it if it ever happens.  I just worry because EU and NA have different player bases and like different things.  We like working on our own community.

mattftw said:
S0mebody said:
[list type=decimal]
[/list]

Not to mention, ideally we would like to share code with people willing to participate and help contribute to the mod! (and by contribute i mean actually help, not shout ideas)
Only really want a group of people who are dedicated and willing to put in a whole lot of effort consistently, and who have not burned their Bridges with every other group in existence, because after all, we all just play games for fun, not to get political.

Sure I got into a few forum disputes but no bridges have been burned, many will vouch for me around here, and we have a large enough community to help contribute to LCC.  We really want to run our own servers here in the NA and are working very hard on doing so.  We would never share the code, and would fully abide by your terms.  We really want to keep Na run by NA!

I believe in sharing, like I do my check, I donate 50% of my check every month to charities; I donate 100 cans of food per month to my local shelter too. I offer up time, and have even shared the sonic wall ( active firewall ) I helped create for my college with other schools in my area - all free of charge - and I even help train them to use it. We offer up our stables and the 1100 acre property to disabled children to come for a week to ride horses, all free of charge, and we offer vets who have recently returned from Iraq and Afghanistan to come stay for a week at our ranch, free of charge, and relax.

So, I'm no stranger to giving.

It helps that my family owns oil and  a few other companies, but if I have it, I'll share it, and I want others to do the same! But i do understand that it's your program or script. Giving may not be for everyone. :smile:

Nimueh said:
S0mebody said:
[list type=decimal]
[/list]

But i heard you mention you already chose admins, please don't let them be from a server which was very bad and failed.  Instead trusted hardworking and known NA players should get it if it ever happens.  I just worry because EU and NA have different player bases and like different things.  We like working on our own community.
Which server are you referring to?

Nimueh said:
I just worry because EU and NA have different player bases and like different things.

Yeah one is in NA and one is in EU. Same species I hope :razz:

I mentioned the word 'Trust' some where along the line. We are talking of sharing the AU and EU database between the servers in NA as well. We cannot do that with just anybody and achieve the seamless transition between servers we are proposing.

I did state that
The admins will include NA Admins
and 
The Management team will include NA residents
so it will be run by NA, but I guess not the NA people you want.

Ultimately it is up to Matt, he owns the rights and it is his prerogative to license and protect it as he sees fit. We are considering an opportunity to bring it to NA sooner rather than later as a joint LCC/Nexus venture. We could just not bother and wait for someone else to develop their own server side mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom