Persistent World light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is a server or submod of any kind that is like PW but without this need for labouring. What I mean is: gear that's really cheap like 100 gold for an armor and so forth so you can easily equip yourself and go to battle and lower costs for class training.
I didn't really come to enjoy PW so much since apart from occasional inter-faction battles in which I lost most of my money I found myself working or simply not having money most of the time.
Now having played Persistent Frontier for a few weeks I was having a good time there being in battle most of the time, cutting some wood now and then. But I'm more into sword combat than muskets.

Persistent Empires seemed to go down this route but it currently isn't available.

If you created your own map, you can easily set all the prices of items to something really cheap as well as adding in money chests in the castles with a certain amount in it at the very begining. With the weapons and training points you can easily set the cost and the stock count of that piece of equipment.

Duke_Tritus said:
No laboring? Then it isn't really persistent, or much different from playing TDM. Go on a native siege server.

It's persistent in the sense that there is no time limited rounds. Also I like the concept of having multiple factions fighting for castles. Just like PlanetSide 2.

I'm personally not interested in labouring since I'm playing Warband for the combat but I wouldn't be bothered if their was a little bit of economy, like in Persistent Froniter. I just don't want labouring to be the thing I do 80% of my time in the game.

Duke_Tritus said:
No laboring? Then it isn't really persistent, or much different from playing TDM. Go on a native siege server.

First PW's didn't really need laboring, soo.. It was zere, but.. You could really just hop in, get geared, start playing. Simple. Wooshedy away.

Siegbert_von_Meklenburg said:
Duke_Tritus said:

It's persistent in the sense that there is no time limited rounds. Also I like the concept of having multiple factions fighting for castles. Just like PlanetSide 2.

I'm personally not interested in labouring since I'm playing Warband for the combat but I wouldn't be bothered if their was a little bit of economy, like in Persistent Froniter. I just don't want labouring to be the thing I do 80% of my time in the game.

So essentially what you're saying is you want a server just for war and RP (Some I believe were set up in the past), I like the idea but I do also agree that people should work for items in the game to make it seem more persistent and not just a big TDM where you have more freedom of customising your character. Overall if you made a server like this and planned it well I'm sure some people will appreciate this.

BLUDR3C0N said:
So essentially what you're saying is you want a server just for war and RP (Some I believe were set up in the past), I like the idea but I do also agree that people should work for items in the game to make it seem more persistent and not just a big TDM where you have more freedom of customising your character. Overall if you made a server like this and planned it well I'm sure some people will appreciate this.

Like I said, I'm okay with labour if it doesn't take up too much time. If it's like PF I'm completely okay with having it: work for 5 min, have enough money to die and re-equip for several lives. It can spice things up but on the current PW servers it's just frustratingly complicated to be competitive imo.

Back
Top Bottom