SP Antiquity Persian Expansion: a New mod for Mount&Blade (Updated 21 July)

Users who are viewing this thread

laundreu said:
Generally, they didn't use it as well as those who carried it as their main weapon.

How are you for sources, ArabArcher?  I've got some Osprey books lying about; one on the Ancient Greeks and one on the Spartans in particular. 
    Well, I believe the Spartans could out-fight any Persian with swords...take a look at Thermopylae. They certainly didn't do all their fighting with spears. Then again, I am not sure if it would apply to other Greeks or the Macedonians.  :???:

realistically when can we expect this mod to be realesed sorry if this has been posted before but i can't be ersed looking through all the posts

I thought the macdeonians used long pikes while the greek hoplites used normal spears and so did the persians...

So it was the Macedonians who used the pikes while the greek hoplites used a slightly modified spear!

don't know anything about modified hoplite spears...for...what is a standard spear?
Macedonian phalangites used sarissas which were pretty long, yes.

All this talk of sarissas and such are far in advance of the time period ArabArcher is doin' kids

Spears are roughly 6-8 feet long and and may be pretty cleverly shaped so that the balance point is about 2-3 feet short of the butt of the spear.  The Persians had a slightly smaller (5-6 feet spear) with a golden or bronze apple-shapped butt. 

Macedonians are currently more like the hick cousins of Greece (which is also pretty hick-like at the moment so think of it like West Virginia (Macedonia) and Virginia (Greece)), you can blame that on the Illyrians keeping the Macedonian man down

So, what, are the Illyrians from North Carolina? So, I'd have to assume Thracians are from Georgia. Or something. Florida, maybe? Persians are Cuban  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom