SP Antiquity Persian Expansion: a New mod for Mount&Blade (Updated 21 July)

Users who are viewing this thread

ArabArcher35 said:
Well, even if I made them really fast, they still wouldn't be able to break a block. I was thinking, but I never tested this theory, that I could set the overhand "slash" to be a stab, giving it piercing damage, and the Sword-thrust animation instead, while I keep the normal spear-thrust for the other attack. This way, spears would have two attacks, and it wouldn't be possible to constantly have your sword up in one blocking position, and be safe from spearmen.
I was going to suggest just that. I don't know if the overhead attack can be set to piercing, though...

In any case, it doesn't matter. I don't need to think about it anymore. If anyone else wants to burden themselves with this mod, they can feel free.

Problem is, with the people who like non-automatic block direction (not me, since I believe you are doing something wrong if you have to concentrate on which direction to place your defense, in "real life"), it would be very hard to see where a spear is going to hit. there would be only a slight difference in how a spearmen atacks if he aimed at your left side, rather than your right side. Oh well, thier loss. :razz:

Dionysios II The Great said:
If this mod is about the Persian invasion of Greece, i have to say i see alot of mistakes...

Let's have a look at the shields: The Spartan shield is incorrect for the period, because the Lambda was used after the Peloponessian wars, before those wars, the Spartans used various other symbols, like bullheads and scorpions.

Also, the shield you designed that's going to be used by Sparabara looks kinda weird. it looks like padded leather, wich it shouldn't look like:

The shield of the Takabara could use some decorations...
There's more, but i'm too lazy to tell it all...

Also, i wish you include Thracian caps, Phrygian helmets, with/without facemask, Corinthian helmets, Euboean Helmets, Illyrian Helmets. Also, you should include a Pelta in your shields...

I would like to help you out on accuracy. I'm a historian and co-director of TaP (former MED:TW) a mod for MTW2. In case you need reference...

Greetings,

DIITG

This is somewhat redundant since this this mod is no longer in development, you are quite right about the errors, but since this mod was still in the concept stage, I'm sure thatArabArcher whould have corrected those errors eventually.

Hey arab, is there any chance that you would let the AOM mod use all of your greek things? Considering if this mod is dead, and the AOM mod needs a boost (and cause Im too lazy to make all those things before summer ends).

You can use my Greek things. I've got the corinthian and thracian helmets, spears, javs, and swords in game (more than in the pics), with many more of those, plus greaves, and shields on the way . The body armor is giving me trouble though (normals keep getting flipped).
Since this mod is dead, I'm reviving my Aegean mod (perhaps under the name "Sharp Bronze"). Once I get that stuff out your welcome to it.
Taloneseus

Oh dear! I guessed so, this vill be happened! This pools beginner is traitor. I wanted some mod like this. So this mod vill be ready never. Thanks to Arabarcher.

Back
Top Bottom