SP - UI Perk "shields" should be color coded/striped to indicate what/who they benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Planning/choosing character progression (for yourself or for one of your heroes) SHOULD be really fun, but it is bogged down by one thing - figuring out which perks you need to aim for by having to mouseover each one, down the row, over and over and over and over and over again.

Personal/Captain/Party Leader/Governor/etc is information that should be obvious from the perk overview, and it could easily be so - make the perk-shields color coded.

So the many perks that have a Personal characteristic and a Captain characteristic would be the default silver (for personal) on the top half of the shield, and let's say red (for captain) on the bottom half. At a glance I could see that when I click on the "One-handed" skill, roughly half the perks in the tree are Personal/Captain, but there are several governor perks (green perhaps?) I might find important, and there's a party leader perk (blue maybe?) all the way next to the end that might be a big deal. If I'm interested in cultivating a family member as a governor or a party leader, I could easily scan over the skills and get a basic idea of which ones are important, and I could also much more easily hone in on each individual perk to see which ones I think are really important.

As it stands now, this process is a total slog using the vanilla interface. The thought of really planning out characters for specific roles necessitates the usage of 3rd party websites or making my own excel spreadsheets or some other ridiculous additional effort. I'm not saying the page needs a full-on search function (to find every perk that relates to shields or something, which wouldn't be terrible, but I completely understand if that's not the aesthetic you want for the game), but it needs more than what it currently provides.

I belive that system needs a total rebuild.
There are perks only for the player or governor. Governor is pointless for the player without mods.

I was thinking this today when trying to train a few governors.

There should be a drop-down menu on the skill screen, depending on what you select (Clan Leader, Party Leader, Personal, Captain, Governor, etc..), it highlights the skill and perks to make it easier to choose from.

I made this earlier as a mock-up:

z7rBsZe.png

The highlighted skills and perks in this picture are just random and are just for example.

I was thinking this today when trying to train a few governors.

There should be a drop-down menu on the skill screen, depending on what you select (Clan Leader, Party Leader, Personal, Captain, Governor, etc..), it highlights the skill and perks to make it easier to choose from.

I made this earlier as a mock-up:
You forgot carvan leader.

I belive most people focus on a few things during a campaign. I belive also very few change focus halfway. They rather start a new from scratch.
Even seeing the option govenour for the player is pointless. There are skill levels that are pointless for player or campanion. Better with seperate. Or add funny ones. Like he has a pet cat/dog/lizard. He learned by a travelling mongolian how to hunt with hawks.
Player has one skill tree.
When hiring a wanderer one should get an option. He/she will be ****. Skill tree for whats choosen.
A new born coming off age. An option for their career. But then one need an option for some daughter being born infertile so they stay in the family. Or some form of shame that they are taken off the board.
Options to choose from i bet can be as many as the players. We all want different. But all roads in the game lead to the same place. An endless exchange of castles or snowbolling.

I think it should be an option for career. Not this multitasking.

Back
Top Bottom