Performance(?) problems

Users who are viewing this thread

SkyTime

Grandmaster Knight
So yeah, it is not my ping as I thought. Basically what happens is that when I try to play, it feels like the whole game is lagging terribly. Sometimes my character gets glued to the ground, and runs without moving. Then it painfully strethes from the freezing point a bit forwards and then bounces back to the freezing point. It does that a couple of times before my character teleports 1km away to the place where I would be without any lag. And of course I'm dead by the time this stops.

Other problem is that if I manage to get into combat without freezing around, people just tend to walk inside me and sometimes hit me with their swings eventhough they are far away, and when I'm literally inside their character, I still cannot hit them with my weapon.

This has been going on for ages like I said in my other thread, and I'm fairly certain it's not my system, because I get a stable 500-600 FPS. My ping is also quite fine, it has stopped bouncing around and most of the time it stays at 60.

I cannot play at all because I can't really do a thing without dying 10 times first. And I hope that I get some help for this because I didn't in the other topic.

I would guess this is an issue with a firewall, router, or ISP.

Try disabling firewalls for a short time to see if the issue is resolved (to see if the firewall is causing the issue).
Try a different computer if possible to see if the issue exists on the other machine as well.
Try a different router if you have one.
Try bringing your comp to a friend's house and test the connection there.

Do you have connection issues with other games?
Is this problem exclusive to multiplayer? (have to ask)

I don't really want to get into the AV war here.
I use MSE, other people use other things.
If you plan on ditching Avast!, which I am neither for or against, I'd recommend you continue to use some sort of AV software. Here's a link for MSE:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

It's free and doesn't feature malware like some software I will not mention here.

Back
Top Bottom