Users who are viewing this thread

lanrtis999

Recruit
A great castle, a big city, but soldiers only guarded on the wall like straw scarecrows threatening crows.
It was very odd that there was no patrol troop.

I recommend an update to create a patrol troop for any castle or city.

The number of soldiers depends on the size of the castle/town.
Of course there will be a salary for the soldiers and it will be included in the salary for the group of garrison troop.

Here's a quick rundown of what a group of city guards will have.

Quantity: castle would have 25 soldier/group , and city would be 50 soldier/group.
Scope of activities: moving around and protecting villages and cities.
Objects to attack: enemy troops, looters or any other group of rebels. (assisting warlords with friends or allies or merchant crew is not a bad choice)
Automatically replenish your troops by entering a castle or recruiting village when your troops drop more than 25% -50% -75% (custom)
Do you have any comments on this?

Last edited:
Another suggestion to how to solve the issue:

Cities can have 2 patruls, Castles 1 simultanously

When a enemy troop is sighted(prefereable bandits), 15% of the militia forms a party and chase them off/battle them. The composition of the militias is better with high prosperity and buildings(Better ugrades available in castles.)

Patruls with less than 10 individuals does not form.
  • This would give a connection between militia-count -> security-> prosperity -> Militia-count.
  • Breaking a few such patruls should harm the settlement and it´s economy, not just the ruling lord.
  • More and different parties on the field
In addition to this, there should be a AI behaviour schema that can be assigned to secondary parties to "Patrul Demesne".

Last edited:
i read this suggestion now a few times.

my only concern about the patrols is that there wont be any bandit party left to chase them and upgrad your own troops.
second there will be a very high increase of troops on the map and will make the performance consuming of the game much higher.

i read this suggestion now a few times.

my only concern about the patrols is that there wont be any bandit party left to chase them and upgrad your own troops.
second there will be a very high increase of troops on the map and will make the performance consuming of the game much higher.
I though about it before bring this idea to forum:

1_ I think there is no problem with the performance of the game, for real I'm, using Intel 7500 + graphic card 5700XT and 16 GB DDram 4 > I'm using no limited mod for party and the fact is in 1.5.7 bandit party spawn a lot. You can check in current version. > My computer have no problem when running the game at very high setting.
2_ In warband, we do not have patrol troop but we have lord's troop. Lord who control a castle or city sometime bring their army and roaming the map for ... anything they want. So it mean there were a lot of party running with AI in the past and nothing bad happen with our warband. I believe that Dev team did in the past and now they definitely can.
3_ About the Amount of patrol troop party, I though about it and that's why I told there is only one party for each city/castle and they only running around their territory and hunting.

@Tryvenyal Nice idea!

You should also take into account that a patrol will only sally out of it has a chance off winning that is high enough. Otherwise you can exploit this by going back and forth to a settlement and they will keep sending patrols until they are under ~60 militia.

Also should the number of cav in the garrison have an impact on the petrol. Since it makes a lot of sense to send cav units out.

To prevent the loss of bandit parties the patrol should only operate in a certain radius. This radius can be impacted by the number of cav units. This makes it interesting then to have cav units in your garrison. As they mean that your lands become more secure.

A max of units in a petrol should also be set so larger bandit parties cannot be attacked and need to be taken care off by real parties.

Back
Top Bottom