Party operations don't work in mission_templates?

Users who are viewing this thread

jik

Knight
I was trying to manually control the wounded party members (since I am doing a lot of things manually), and tried to run the party_wound_members operation, but I get odd results.  Do party operations not work in a mission_template?  I am about to move it into a game_menu call, but if this is the case, I would add that kind of note to the updated tutorial.  Yes I am still adding to it as I go and learn more.

jik said:
I was trying to manually control the wounded party members (since I am doing a lot of things manually), and tried to run the party_wound_members operation, but I get odd results.  Do party operations not work in a mission_template?  I am about to move it into a game_menu call, but if this is the case, I would add that kind of note to the updated tutorial.  Yes I am still adding to it as I go and learn more.

What are you trying to accomplish Jik? 

Best,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
jik said:

What are you trying to accomplish Jik? 

Best,

Saxondragon

Thought this died...  Well, I'll close it out.  I forgot to pass a parameter to a script, so it was not finding the right party.

The gist of what I am doing is controlling who fights in the battle from your party.  Since I am doing this manually, I also need to work out the wounded and dead.  The mod I am working on has a few unit types that are not actually part of the fighting.  They do "other things" during the battle.  This ordeal showed me one interesting thing about wounded party members.  They are counted twice (there must be "wounded" stacks in the party stack), so you have to check for wounded when spawning troops.

After all this though, I still can't get add_visitors_to_current_scene, which means I have to spawn_agent.  Problem with spawn_agent is that they all look identical, they don't show any variation...

Back
Top Bottom