Party Aggression and Courage

Users who are viewing this thread

Do some empirical testing (spawn hostile parties) and see if they run away? Most parties won't have different courage or aggression values from their base party template values, so I'm not sure what your really need that value for.

I do not need to test to see if they run away, and I can see the default values in the party template. What I need is a way to read the exact number.  If there is not a native way to do this I will just use a slot to save the value and just update it in both places.  then I can read the value from the slot later.

As said, instead of trying to get the value just follow a simpler way by looking at party's courage level manually then proceed. I don't understand why you need to get that value anyway, courageness doesn't work that efficiently in-game.

and as I said I need the actual number it is set to.  I do not care to know if my party is going to run, I need to do calculations based on these numbers.  I am sorry you do not see a need for it, but if you plan to modify game AI then these numbers are used and therefore needed.  but if the AI system has hard coded access to these values, and the SDK does not, I will make my own.  To try and explain all the working of my mod in this post is far too much to go into.  You just have to trust if I asked the question I must have a need for it.

rather than tell me what I am trying to do is stupid, just do not bother to answer if you do not have an answer.

You're making the problem too complicated. There are a only a number of places where a party's aggressiveness and courage are set - when they are spawned (using the party template's values) and when the kingdom party's AI changes it based on certain conditions and the lord's personality. Simply store the former initial settings in party template slots (you can always find the template of a party, unless you'd really like to modulate it for every bandit party in which case store it when they are spawned, falling back to the template's default slots). Because the courage and aggressiveness of a party is write-only, storing it again in an accessible party slot is the only thing you need to do.

and that is what I said in my second post,  and had actually done before writing the original post.  I was just asking the question to be sure there was not a native way of doing this, before I hacked the code any more than was needed by adding new slots and ensuring the value of the slot is always the same as the actual value etc.

moding is complicated enough, without adding extra layers by duplicating something that already exists.

Back
Top Bottom