Own kingdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

You can, like you can do in native.
Take a castle/town without beeing a vasall/mercenary.
Your kingdom will have the name of the first Town/Castle you conquer, then you can call lords to your side through the camp menue under kingdom managment.

The Lord will start with a good amount of troops, dont forget to choose you desired culture via the kingdom-managment menue, the lords will have troops from this culture.

Is it worth it?
I mean not money-wise but is it interesting?
(I can for example choose vaegir culture and recruit all their troops, right?)

Unfortunatly you still recruit the original troops in your villages, only the lords got troops of the culture you have choose.
Financiell its could be a disaster^^ for you still got only the native improvements for your villages.
But for you dont got to pay the troops of the lords its nice anyway.
In my opinion its fun anyway, i obey to no master  :twisted:.

PS: if you like the vaegirs i would suggest to start with alburg, i do so and recruit vaegirs/swadians which are close enough to your castle to get back in time if the nords lay siege on you.

I just declined a vassalage offer from the vaegirs  :twisted:  but also  :cry:
Next thing I need to do is piss off the nords, right? (because alburg castle belongs to them...)
btw I got 100k denar for the founding of my kingdom  :wink:

Bearhugger said:
I just declined a vassalage offer from the vaegirs  :twisted:  but also  :cry:
Next thing I need to do is piss off the nords, right? (because alburg castle belongs to them...)
btw I got 100k denar for the founding of my kingdom  :wink:

I got 750 k with my hunter, but for i am sick in the head i soloed him to almost lvl 40 ^^.

Yep, just bring down some travelling villagers or a caravan of the nords, just enough to get negative releationsship with them, then you can lay siege to the castle.

Damn. I can't even finish a siege. It always hangs.
It says: "RGL error"!
Can anyone help?

Lower you graphic settings to an absolute minimum (no ragdolls, corpses, DX7,...) and reduce your troops count to ... >40. If it still gives you errors try downloading the mod again and reinstalling and if it still gives you errors go to a friend with better comp than you  :mrgreen:

There is no better comp than mine  :grin:

Turning down the corpses to 40 worked :!:

EDIT: I now have one castle and one village. Before the siege, I upgraded my troops to highest tier. Too bad, so many of them survived. Now wages accumulate to 60k per week  :shock:
What do you people suggest? If I drop them off in the castle, do I have to pay for them?
Or maybe take another castle with them?
Or would it be best to make peace with nords now?

Depending on how much time you have till you have to pay them again I suggest on a all out attack on the Nords. It would be a waste to just let all those high tier troops go when you can do some real damage with them  :twisted:

Hmm. Yes...Carnage!!!  :twisted:
Erm, I just discovered though, that leaving them in the castle makes me pay no wages. Great!
I'll try an all-out attack on the Nords. If I fail I can reload...I know I'm a wimp  :cool:  :oops:  :razz:

EDIT: Should I leave a garrison in my castle? And should I give it to a lord?

This mod is chalanging enough that even after I used cheats to get back from the dead it is still fun  :grin:

k. making peace is not an option  :???:
They say as long as I am independent they're gonna eat me alive (without cooking)!

Bearhugger said:
They say as long as I am independent they're gonna eat me alive (without cooking)!

Thats the lame part.

A good have-your-own kingdommod is Swords of Domacles.

But I love EG III.

Bearhugger said:
There is no better comp than mine  :grin:

Turning down the corpses to 40 worked :!:

Now wages accumulate to 60k per week  :shock:

That what i meant with financally diseaster  :twisted:

The before-high-end-troops, for example the swadian shocktroops or vaegir rangers should be good enough (ca 115 d per week, not about 1000 like the elite).
You still pay for them when i am right, when they are in castle but only half of wage or even less, not sure about that.
My hunter is a killer with 40 strength and 24 agi, unfortunatly in cost of much leadership so i can only travel around with 80 men and keep them happy (278 party size through 3600 renown, it is a pity^^).

Anyway, what is lack here til now is some kind of cheap economy to afford larger troops.
I dont know if chel is plan to add such things, if so i would suggest to go a middleway between native (nothing) and sod (a little too much in my opinion) and do something like in native expansion.

I think the player shouldnt run around with 200 elite-troops, that negate the status of "elite" somehow^^.
But right now it is a little difficult to have an own kingdom, but not impossible.
You only got to survive long enough til you can have some lords...
good luck, rofl.

I got alburg, that nord-town with "W" which name i can never remember and one castle more, 2 lords and the troops have ripped me of 300 from my 750 k, but now the swadians declared war to me, i think having to many troops will be no problem in a few ingame-days :evil:.

however, enjoy^^

Bearhugger said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0/topicseen.html

As far as elite troops go, do what I do. Right now I have 4-5 castles(each owned by a Lord), so I usually have at least one lord following me around. Whenever one of my troops becomes eligible for an elite upgrade, I give him to the closest lord with the fewest troops. I think I've given about 6 Captured Barbarians, 8 Warlords and 16 Veteran rangers of Reyvadin to my lords. The best part is, you don't pay their wages but you'll still see them in your next battle. The bad part is you're not sure when your lord is going to "have my own things to attend to" and run off with half your army.

EDIT: Btw, how do you give non-castle fiefs to your lords? Out of my 5 castles, 3 lords own both the castle and the village, while 2 only own the castle.

Saint of Blood said:
Bearhugger said:

Thats the lame part.

A good have-your-own kingdommod is Swords of Domacles.

But I love EG III.

Yea, I love it too. Somehow in "Sword of Damocles" I'm too stupid to make my own kingdom. I just don't find easy enemies for levelling my troops...  :mad:

EDIT: Care to give me some support? Like what faction should I take. And before getting my first castle, what troops should I train?

EDIT 2: In EG3, how do you give troops to your lords?

Try talking to them  :wink:
If you talk to them in towns or castles and give them troops, those troops will be added to the castle/town garison.

SXIII said:
If you talk to them in towns or castles and give them troops, those troops will be added to the castle/town garison.

Doesn't seem to work.
He's not in the castle. I don't know where he is...
Also, even though Alburq Castle is Nord, there are Swadian Shock Troops in the Lord's Hall.

Bearhugger said:
SXIII said:

Doesn't seem to work.
He's not in the castle. I don't know where he is...
Also, even though Alburq Castle is Nord, there are Swadian Shock Troops in the Lord's Hall.

That is beacause your default kingdom culture is Swadian. You have to change that in the camp menu under kingdom managment. You can try checking for the location of your lords in the faction list (it should write there where you met him/her last time).

Back
Top Bottom