[Outdated] BRF Edit --out-of-date, see OpenBRF-- (last version 12/5/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draegor Redfields said:
I have this same problem. I prefer to use openbrf. but Im trying to make some armor and auto rig. openbrf. does NOT ask wich type of skeleton your exporting nor does it give you the option to uncheck swap x/y axis on import. I was told I need to use brfedit for auto rigging and I cant get it to install because of the above errors. I have a 64bit OS so I think thats my problem. any workarounds?

This might be off topic, but, workarounds:

1) unless I'm wrong when you export a rigged mesh, OpenBRF uses the skeleton that is currently chosen to preview the animation.

2) swap of x/y can be corrected by rotating and flipping objects in Open. Unconvenient, but can be made in groups.

3) you can autorig in OpenBRF. First, select one or more rigged mesh (better more than fewer) and "copy" them, with Ctrl+C. Then select one or more target meshes and "[edit]->[paste rigging]".

In that picture with the unicorn is Marnid a dwarf.
Also are there any tutorials or can you guys tell me how to export say a huscarls round shield to wings so i can use it to help me make a shield.

Ruarz said:
I get this:

Error.jpg

And have to exit the program via task manager. Can someone shed some light?

I get the same problem :/ how do I solve it? I used OpenBRF, but I dont think u can edit things much in it or import files... how do I fix this? PLEASE HELP!!!

Ruarz said:
I get this:

Error.jpg

And have to exit the program via task manager. Can someone shed some light?

... the same problem. I updated my graphic card drivers, everything else is up to date. Simply not working. Help please!

soet said:
GetAssista said:
Ruarz said:
Can someone shed some light?
Use OpenBrf

With OpenBrf not give me to import from brf file any ideas?

With OpenBrf, there are two ways to import form Brf file (i.e. to transfer stuff from one brf file into another)
From the FAQ...

How do I move meshes/materials/etc into one BRF file from another BRF file?

Mode 1: open the source BRF file, select and copy (ctrl-C) the object(s), don't close openBRF, but open the destination BRF file, and paste (ctrl-V).
[[Note: you can do multiple selection with shift-left-click or ctrl-left-click, just like in windows.]]

Mode 2: you can also "improt" a brf file into the currently open file, if you want to take in all of its content
[[note: it's under the "import" menu: select "anything from another BRF"]]

socks said:
Shortly after installing BRFEdit and messing around with it, I wondered if I could open stuff up from Warband. When I tried to do so, I received an error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at _CxxThrowException(Void*,_s__ThrowInfo*)
at brf.Parser.parse(StreamReader* reader, ResourceCollection* res, Int32 version)
at
brf.loadMaterials(basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char>
>*fname,ResourceCollection* col
at BRFEdit.Form1.loadMaterialsFromBrf(SByte*filename, Boolean
prompt_them_

Whenever I press the 'okay' button or the x, it pops up again. And when I've tried restarting the program, the error message has popped up in the same fashion as the program is loading.
:???:

Uninstalling Warband solved the problem. Looks like, some Warband BRF contents are not BRFEdit compatible anymore. I have got this error after I tried to open a rigged hood - Vanilla did not have things like that. After uninstall Warband (maybe a rename folder is enough), open BRFEdit; New error messages will come, because BRFEdit will missing the Warband files. OK them all, then it should work again.

DtheHun said:
socks said:
Shortly after installing BRFEdit and messing around with it, I wondered if I could open stuff up from Warband. When I tried to do so, I received an error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at _CxxThrowException(Void*,_s__ThrowInfo*)
at brf.Parser.parse(StreamReader* reader, ResourceCollection* res, Int32 version)
at
brf.loadMaterials(basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char>
>*fname,ResourceCollection* col
at BRFEdit.Form1.loadMaterialsFromBrf(SByte*filename, Boolean
prompt_them_

Whenever I press the 'okay' button or the x, it pops up again. And when I've tried restarting the program, the error message has popped up in the same fashion as the program is loading.
:???:

Uninstalling Warband solved the problem. Looks like, some Warband BRF contents are not BRFEdit compatible anymore. I have got this error after I tried to open a rigged hood - Vanilla did not have things like that. After uninstall Warband (maybe a rename folder is enough), open BRFEdit; New error messages will come, because BRFEdit will missing the Warband files. OK them all, then it should work again.

you don't need to change your warband path (or uninstall it), open regedit.exe (from the search in menu start for vista and seven) and search for the string "BRFEdit", you will find varius instance of it, the one of your result has a key named path, delete the value in path so BRFEdit cannot find the warband folder, (form my seven 64bit the key was in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BRFEdit", but for the 32bit os the path will be different)

im using wings 3d and im sorry if this has alread been asked, but theres 67 pages :eek: so... for some reason this isnt working i have reinstalled it 2 times it says

system runtime. interop service and a whole bunch of other things, could you help me?

Hi there
I have windows xp 32b, when i used it for 1st time everything was going fine,sadly after a pc's reboot i am costantly getting an error.
Ive tried to reinstall it but the error still pops up and it looks like:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHExceptional: External component ha thrown an exception
        at _CxxThrowException(Void*._s__ThrowInfo*)
        at brf.Parser.parse(StreamReader*reader,ResourceCollection*res, Int32 version)
        at brf.loadMaterials(basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char>>*fname, ResourceCollection*col)
        at BRFEdit.From1.loadMaterialsFromBrf(SByte*filename, Boolean prompt_them)

what can i do, any ideas?  :sad:
tnx

Eh, that one never cease being asked from time to time, I don't know how to put it any more evident in the FAQ.

Anyway... most functions that affects an existing object (a mesh, a texture, an animation, etc), including export, are accessed by right-clicking on its name, in the list on the left.

I can't use this still, whats the problem? I have net framework or whatever.

I guess its not 64-bit workable.

Edit:
This is the error I get, help!

ERROR.jpg

Another edit:
Oh f***, didn't know someone already posted this...but please help OpenBRF doesn't do what I need.

Hehe, my mistake OpenBRF works fine...

Nord Champion said:

Edit:

ERROR.jpg

Another edit:
Oh f***, didn't know someone already posted this...but please help OpenBRF doesn't do what I need.

Ya the same thing happened to me, but can OpenBRF Export? Because I only see an import key but I desperately need export.

J12-19 said:
Nord Champion said:

Edit:

ERROR.jpg

Another edit:

Ya the same thing happened to me, but can OpenBRF Export? Because I only see an import key but I desperately need export.

ok, now that's just plain lazy.
this is what was posted just a couple posts before your reply:

mtarini said:
Eh, that one never cease being asked from time to time, I don't know how to put it any more evident in the FAQ.

Anyway... most functions that affects an existing object (a mesh, a texture, an animation, etc), including export, are accessed by right-clicking on its name, in the list on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom