SP - General Option to remove projectiles from character

Users who are viewing this thread

I want TaleWorlds to introduce an option ingame that allows us to enable or disable projectiles such as arrows / javelins from appearing stuck in your character. It would be nice if either A) The projectiles that hit your character disappear after a certain amount of time. or B) The projectiles hit you, but not stick in your character.

When I'm hit by say, a spear projectile and it's in my elbow, I have to pretend it isn't there for the duration of the mission. It doesn't make sense, and I'm sure some people enjoy having the projectiles in their characters but that's why I'm asking for it to be an option for those who do not enjoy these things sticking out of their characters.

Or it is not possible to remove javelins and arrows from the target with the button. It would be an animation in which our character cuts arrows from the shield with a sword.

While it's true that the projectiles being stuck can be a bit annoying, it's definitely a trademark of the franchise.

As for the arrows, I do think it's appropriate that they always stay stuck, even if they are sometimes in awkward/annoying places :lol:.

For javelins and other penetrating projectiles such as knives and axes, it would be interesting to discuss whether these projectiles could be automatically dropped after a certain period of time without having to use any other procedure/action key. In my eyes it sounds plausible.

For the OP and anyone else who might be interested, there is a method to stop projectiles from sticking with a simple editing xml method.

For arrows:
  1. go to Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\items\weapons.xml
  2. Open xml
  3. Find in each arrow item the line AmmoSticksWhenShot="false" and delete it
  4. Save (make a backup of the file just in case)

For others:
  1. Go to Modules\Native\ModuleData\weapon_descriptions.xml
  2. Open xml
  3. Remove <WeaponFlag value="AmmoSticksWhenShot"/> line of code from all projectiles (WeaponDescription id="ThrowingKnife" or ThrowingAxe or TwoHandedPolearm_Thrown or Javelin)

If you make the above changes (I repeat, make a backup of the files) the arrows will automatically "explode" after impact and the other projectiles will bounce back like a stone.

---
April's fools is gone
ouch-rain=a r r o w s

Last edited:
While it's true that the projectiles being stuck can be a bit annoying, it's definitely a trademark of the franchise.

As for the ouch-rain, I do think it's appropriate that they always stay stuck, even if they are sometimes in awkward/annoying places :lol:.

For javelins and other penetrating projectiles such as knives and axes, it would be interesting to discuss whether these projectiles could be automatically dropped after a certain period of time without having to use any other procedure/action key. In my eyes it sounds plausible.

For the OP and anyone else who might be interested, there is a method to stop projectiles from sticking with a simple editing xml method.

For ouch-rain:
  1. go to Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\items.xml
  2. Open xml
  3. Find in each ouch-rain item the line AmmoSticksWhenShot="true" and change it to "false".

For others:
  2. Open xml
  3. Remove <WeaponFlag value="AmmoSticksWhenShot"/> line of code from all projectiles (WeaponDescription id="ThrowingKnife" or ThrowingAxe or TwoHandedPolearm_Thrown or Javelin)

If you make the above changes (I repeat, make a backup of the files) the ouch-rain will automatically "explode" after impact and the other projectiles will bounce back like a stone.

---
fourth moon's klubheads is gone
ouch-rain=a r r o w s
it didn't work after changing the values. also i had to open it like this Module Data -> Items and then there's a list, and i chose weapons found the values you mentioned and set all of them to false on stickswhenhit. didn't work

this is why, you should support an option that allows people like me to play with my preferences, and you to play with yours

it didn't work after changing the values. also i had to open it like this Module Data -> Items and then there's a list, and i chose weapons found the values you mentioned and set all of them to false on stickswhenhit. didn't work

this is why, you should support an option that allows people like me to play with my preferences, and you to play with yours
I wrote the comment from memory and I missed it :lol:.
For the arrows, you have to delete that line of code instead of typing false; here's my mistake (original message edited).
As for the rest of the projectiles, the procedure is the same as I told you.

Obviously if you have a mod that overwrites those xml it won't work; but here's a test to see if it works:

Try this, I doubt Taleworlds will do anything about it. I hope it works for you.

As for the ouch-rain, I do think it's appropriate that they always stay stuck, even if they are sometimes in awkward/annoying places :lol:.

For ouch-rain:
  1. go to Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\items.xml
  2. Open xml
  3. Find in each ouch-rain item the line AmmoSticksWhenShot="true" and change it to "false".

For others:
  2. Open xml
  3. Remove <WeaponFlag value="AmmoSticksWhenShot"/> line of code from all projectiles (WeaponDescription id="ThrowingKnife" or ThrowingAxe or TwoHandedPolearm_Thrown or Jav

I wrote the comment from memory and I missed it :lol:.
For the ouch-rain, you have to delete that line of code instead of typing false; here's my mistake (original message edited).
As for the rest of the projectiles, the procedure is the same as I told you.

Obviously if you have a mod that overwrites those xml it won't work; but here's a test to see if it works:

Try this, I doubt Taleworlds will do anything about it. I hope it works for you.

ok cool thank u

I think always removing them in tournaments/practice arena would be good since those projectiles deal blunt damage, not piercing, and aren't supposed to be lethal.

ok cool thank u
A pleasure :wink:

I think always removing them in tournaments/practice arena would be good since those projectiles deal blunt damage, not piercing, and aren't supposed to be lethal.
Exactly! In this case that would be a great application if they brought back the practice and tournament arena we had in Warband; with non-lethal visual effects (no blood and sticky stuff) and with blunt pieces of metal and wood. I've been advocating for bringing back that oldschool version for a while now, but for Taleworlds doesn't seem to fit into their vision despite a notable support from forumites.

Back
Top Bottom