One interesting fact about you

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh I lived on my own for about a year and a half on a meager monthly deposit from my dad and now I live with my oldest brother with a not so meager monthly deposit after getting social services involved, and I have a job now.

I used to play acoustic a lot when I was younger, but I stopped for a while and now I've decided to learn electric.

Docm30 said:
That's a bit of an arbitrary distinction, isn't it?

Definitely not. They play very differently in my (limited) experience. I know people who are awesome at electric, but terrible at acoustic. Don't know any the other way around though, maybe acoustic is just harder?

Unless you're talking about a classical guitar, they aren't different. As someone who's been playing guitar for 12 years, I can tell you acoustics and electrics play identically. There are some techniques people generally only do on one and not the other, but they really the same thing.

And as someone who's been playing guitar for 8, I'm pretty sure he was talking about classical, and yes they play different. Main difference being in how much pressure you need to put on the strings to not whiff, which makes electric way easier to be fast and virtuoso in.

Classical guitars definitely are different, but I'd say not significantly so. I have a nylon-string classical sitting on my couch and I play it almost everyday, and despite having thrown me a little at first, it's fundamentally the same as a steel-string guitar. Of course I don't shred or anything, so I've never been overly concerned with being very quick.

Docm30 said:
Classical guitars definitely are different, but I'd say not significantly so. I have a nylon-string classical sitting on my couch and I play it almost everyday, and despite having thrown me a little at first, it's fundamentally the same as a steel-string guitar. Of course I don't shred or anything, so I've never been overly concerned with being very quick.
I can do stuff on electric I can't on classical, like fretting all strings at once with the index (yay soft hands and skin), so I really feel the difference. Also yeah I can "shred" on electric though I'm not as good as I wish I was.

Headmaster said:
Docm30 said:
I can do stuff on electric I can't on classical, like fretting all strings at once with the index (yay soft hands and skin), so I really feel the difference. Also yeah I can "shred" on electric though I'm not as good as I wish I was.
You can't fret all string with one finger on the classical?  :???:

Back
Top Bottom