Oldest Hero - Is there a record?

Users who are viewing this thread

DrDragonlance

Sergeant
I have a couple of Heroes that literally never say die.

I feel like I should let her retire, but there is an army forming and she's a good soldier.

Anyone have a Hero get to 90 or older?

There is a medical perk that essentially gives Clan members a "second live" where the first time they would die from old age, they will actually survive.
I don't know if that stacks, but if it stacks, you could get some pretty old people.

Emperor Lucon lived to around 86 in my first playthrough, and Emperor Nemos of the Western Empire died around that age as well. King Raganvad was the third longest-lived monarch at around 79 and Empress Rhagaea at around 76. The oldest LIVING noble I kept track of at the end of my first playthrough was Suruq Banu Qaraz at around 74. My own original generation character died at the age of 49 lol, a full year sooner than I thought you could die! Wish I had some of those vitamins and good diets these long-lived guys had lol. :razz:

i find the ages to be very fun and interesting. one of my companions on an older save grew to be close to 80, i think he was my oldest dude. i let him "retire" by governing a town for the rest of his days, also took his expensive equipment off and replaced it with nice rich civ clothes for him to get comfy in

the oldest noble i have seen was a woman who i think turned 92 before passing away. if you really want to dig into who has so far been the oldest, you can go in and list dead characters by age, then you will see on top who genuinely was the oldest in your playthrough. i have yet seen someone reach above age 100. also saw a few unfortunate cases of ppl dying in their 50s (im surprised to see you can die younger from the post above, feel like i might have seen that with some guy at age 48 cause i remember being genuinely shocked), i dread that happening to my characters haha. seems almost shameful in this reckless world to survive so many battles, only to die young from "natural causes"

i find the ages to be very fun and interesting. one of my companions on an older save grew to be close to 80, i think he was my oldest dude. i let him "retire" by governing a town for the rest of his days, also took his expensive equipment off and replaced it with nice rich civ clothes for him to get comfy in

the oldest noble i have seen was a woman who i think turned 92 before passing away. if you really want to dig into who has so far been the oldest, you can go in and list dead characters by age, then you will see on top who genuinely was the oldest in your playthrough. i have yet seen someone reach above age 100. also saw a few unfortunate cases of ppl dying in their 50s (im surprised to see you can die younger from the post above, feel like i might have seen that with some guy at age 48 cause i remember being genuinely shocked), i dread that happening to my characters haha. seems almost shameful in this reckless world to survive so many battles, only to die young from "natural causes"
I didn't know I could do that! I'll load up my save and check it out (and edit this post later)...

Yeah, I really enjoy seeing the timeline of people aging as well, I had a great 48-year first playthrough so many people lived, were born, and died in that time frame and my oldest grandkids were almost 18 by the time I unified Calradia as my eldest child/daughter (who was 43 where I left off in 1132).

It was a surprise, a sad one at that, but not too unexpected because I figured I'd probably die in my 50's and made sure my new kingdom could handle not being led by me while I spent a season "in the hospital" and hurrying up my daughter (who was leading a clan party) back to my own unit so I could smoothly transition authority (and player-control) to her. Unfortunately, I overestimated how many troops she could lead by a factor of 100 or so but it wasn't a big loss since I could dump out low tier units in Senala to make room for them, but it was a big shift from ~500 to ~350 or so (including the kingdom policies that boosted how many troops I could lead by 80 cumulatively). I even had some nice RTK6 and 7 music to add more ambiance to my own funeral and subsequent election... :razz: It did interrupt my campaigning around Ortyisa, but, thankfully, the Vlandians didn't take the opportunity to attack me during this moment of weakness and their King Erdurand (son of Derthert, he took over during the very first year of my playthrough) actually died of natural causes just 2 seasons after I died. Epic coincidence.

I thought the medical perk to avert serious illness would apply if granted by a medic (my doctor ended up living into her 80's!) but it didn't, so I got the notification that I was slipping in and out of consciousness shortly after I turned 49.

EDIT: According to the Encyclopedia, the oldest person ever at the time of their death was a woman named Zerosica "of Phadon's Clan" at the age of 92, dying of natural causes in 1124. The oldest person alive is a man named Joron Leonipardes at the age of 87. Then it's living lady Agnala of the Qarais' Clan at 86, dead lord Arcor of the Osticos at age 85 in 1118, living mercenary captain Valaos of the Embers of the Flame at 84, and so on. Emperor Lucon's the oldest living monarch who died at the age of 81 n 1103; Yarli Bloodaxe is my oldest living companion, 81 as of now (and ironically spent most of his life as a governor lol); the oldest CURRENT monarch is Urik Kuloving, aged 72, King of Sturgia while the youngest (not counting independent clans or mecenaries) is Queen Loen dey Meroc of Vlandia, aged 38.

Last edited:
I didn't know I could do that! I'll load up my save and check it out (and edit this post later)...

Yeah, I really enjoy seeing the timeline of people aging as well, I had a great 48-year first playthrough so many people lived, were born, and died in that time frame and my oldest grandkids were almost 18 by the time I unified Calradia as my eldest child/daughter (who was 43 where I left off in 1132).

It was a surprise, a sad one at that, but not too unexpected because I figured I'd probably die in my 50's and made sure my new kingdom could handle not being led by me while I spent a season "in the hospital" and hurrying up my daughter (who was leading a clan party) back to my own unit so I could smoothly transition authority (and player-control) to her. Unfortunately, I overestimated how many troops she could lead by a factor of 100 or so but it wasn't a big loss since I could dump out low tier units in Senala to make room for them, but it was a big shift from ~500 to ~350 or so (including the kingdom policies that boosted how many troops I could lead by 80 cumulatively). I even had some nice RTK6 and 7 music to add more ambiance to my own funeral and subsequent election... :razz: It did interrupt my campaigning around Ortyisa, but, thankfully, the Vlandians didn't take the opportunity to attack me during this moment of weakness and their King Erdurand (son of Derthert, he took over during the very first year of my playthrough) actually died of natural causes just 2 seasons after I died. Epic coincidence.

I thought the medical perk to avert serious illness would apply if granted by a medic (my doctor ended up living into her 80's!) but it didn't, so I got the notification that I was slipping in and out of consciousness shortly after I turned 49.

EDIT: According to the Encyclopedia, the oldest person ever at the time of their death was a woman named Zerosica "of Phadon's Clan" at the age of 92, dying of natural causes in 1124. The oldest person alive is a man named Joron Leonipardes at the age of 87. Then it's living lady Agnala of the Qarais' Clan at 86, dead lord Arcor of the Osticos at age 85 in 1118, living mercenary captain Valaos of the Embers of the Flame at 84, and so on. Emperor Lucon's the oldest living monarch who died at the age of 81 n 1103; Yarli Bloodaxe is my oldest living companion, 81 as of now (and ironically spent most of his life as a governor lol); the oldest CURRENT monarch is Urik Kuloving, aged 72, King of Sturgia while the youngest (not counting independent clans or mecenaries) is Queen Loen dey Meroc of Vlandia, aged 38.
omg the young queen haha xD reminds me in my current playthrough, lucon the king of northern empire passed early (52 something) and who was he replaced by? some 20 year old nobody boy. im not lying when i say their kingdom quickly crumbled after that. they have had only one fief for many, many years now that they are diehard guarding, i like to think its all the young kings fault. why the heck did they elect a kiddo, who wasnt even the son or part of lucons clan? i think he is in his mid thirties now, soon 40, he hasnt been married once. hands down the most unattractive, most unsuccesful, and most failing king in bannerlord history

omg the young queen haha xD reminds me in my current playthrough, lucon the king of northern empire passed early (52 something) and who was he replaced by? some 20 year old nobody boy. im not lying when i say their kingdom quickly crumbled after that. they have had only one fief for many, many years now that they are diehard guarding, i like to think its all the young kings fault. why the heck did they elect a kiddo, who wasnt even the son or part of lucons clan? i think he is in his mid thirties now, soon 40, he hasnt been married once. hands down the most unattractive, most unsuccesful, and most failing king in bannerlord history
Lol! :lol:

In my first playthrough, the Northern Empire also languished but under Emperor Lucon, remaining in Argoron for many decades before expanding eastward and then getting destroyed (and then rebuilt) in Chaikand. Lucon's relative, Pelicos, remains ruler at the age of 55 of the Northern Empire's remnants lol.

As far as I know, royal elections are heavily weighted to favor whoever has the most relative clan strength so when King Caladog was killed in battle in the first year of my first playthrough, Chief Luichan became King of Battania (and I liked him, he was very generous, though I eventually betrayed him) and I got to see the fen Gruffendoc's much cooler looking alternate crest. Also, though I'm not sure if I'm right, a clan might not be elected to rulership if their head is in jail or "In Fugitive." But I heard of imprisoned nobles becoming kings, so I'm likely wrong...

I'd say the biggest joke monarch of my playthrough was Emperor Dasys, a young man who married 74-year-old Rhagaea 2 seasons before she died and became ruler afterwards! Naturally, I started calling them the "BoyToy Empire" because of the sheer ridiculousness of it lol, and they did fall apart rather quickly to Emperor Nemos of the Western Empire and my own invasion from the Nahasa. By the way; it was ultimately Emperor Nemos who reunited Eastern Calradia into one empire and he was succeeded by Nethor NETERETZES, so the Neretzes Clan ultimately returned to power thanks the Comnos Clan lol.

Also; the youngest monarch (upon ascension) was either Denek Urkunait of the Khuzaits (around his mid to late 20's) or my own daughter succeeding me at age 25 lol. Denek, unlike Monchug, is a Cautious, Merciful and Calculating ruler lol. And still alive at 54 though still looking boyish without a beard.

Thanks for the tip.

Oldest past away, Berican of Vlandia of the dey Rothad clan. Passed away at 96. Had 224 Steward, 208 leadership, 97 Tactics, 121 in 2H and Polearm. Based on those stats I'm guessing he was leading a clan party until he died.

Oldest alive is Tharos of the Vizartos of the Southern Empire. Still kicking at 94.

And since I posted this, Zhira had a birthday and is now 88.

There are 7 people in my game that have made it to 90.

I have a couple of Heroes that literally never say die.

I feel like I should let her retire, but there is an army forming and she's a good soldier.

Anyone have a Hero get to 90 or older?

I had a lady reach 100 I will post a screen shot once I'm allowed to (just created an account)

Back
Top Bottom