(old_topic)Official Deluge Organized Warfare (next event 21.04.2012!)

Users who are viewing this thread

It is only the last place! Submit your clan and participate in more than 230-strong battle! We still looking for a general who will command the Swedes.

Kingdom of Sweden:
  • General and Staff max 5 people-
  • Raitars (max. 15 people)- Regiment Wielkopolski- 15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Tercios Of Spain- 15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- The Lucky Dogs- 10 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- 41st Regiment of Foote-17/20 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Dalregementet-15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Dutch East India Company- 10/15
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- PR_ Blewcoats- 10/15 members
  • Dragoons- English speaking randomeer platoon
  • Jager (max. 10 people)- Tercio Viejo de Cartagena- 10 members

Polish Commonwealth:
  • General and Staff max 5 people- Backsplash
  • Lisowczycy (max. 15 people)- Special DEV Team -15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Regiment Gwardii Korony Polskiej.- 10 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Koronny Regiment Pancerny- 20 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Gwardia Koronna- 10/15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Bohemia Corps- 15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Free Space for your clan!
  • Dragoons- Polish speaking randomeer platoon
  • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 people)- Chorągiew Wolentarska- 15 members
  • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 people)- The Scottish Mercenary Halberdiers- 10 members

Odenar said:
Well, one reason for the non-Swedish names would be the high amounts of foreign (especially German) mercenaries. Might still make more sense to have Swedish names, though.

True, but still the german mercenaries wasn't more than the national swedish ones, besides, they fought in the swedish army.

sir Luca said:
We still work about names of units in the national language of each fraction.

I'm very glad to hear this, it would really make sense. Arquebusier - "Arkebuserare", Reiter - "Ryttare", Cuirassier - "Kyrassiär", Dragoon - "Dragon", Jäger - "Jägare", Musketeer - "Musketerare/Musketör", Pikeman - "Pikenare", Swedish standar bearer - "Fanbärare/Fanförare", Engineer - "Ingenjör/Fältingenjör (Field - enginer), Fältgrävare (Field - digger)" Well there you got the swedish native names atleast =)

A got a question about the actual event though, in the randomer parties, how many guys can particate in it before it's full? And is it the first ones in or the first to sign in here?

Recruitademt said:
Odenar said:
Well, one reason for the non-Swedish names would be the high amounts of foreign (especially German) mercenaries. Might still make more sense to have Swedish names, though.

True, but still the german mercenaries wasn't more than the national swedish ones,

I'm doubtful of that but I am sadly also unable to find any reliable sources the Swedish army's national demographics of the time, although I can say that we never had anything resembling a truly national army until Charles XI (who basically established our professional standing army). Gustav II Adolf's army in the beginning of the Thirty Years' War I think was more than 1/2 mercenaries - the national soldiers that we had were mostly peasant soldiers - and with that I wouldn't be surprised to hear similar (or even greater numbers of mercenaries) in Charles X's army in the closely following Deluge conflict, since there was a massive recruiting pool to draw from in the left-over mercenaries from the Thirty Years' War. And with further additions of Poles, Scots and many others, it would not at all seem unlikely to me that the majority of the Swedish army was non-Swedish and not too strange that the Germans would outnumber the Swedes. I can't say for sure though and if you have any good sources on the demographics, do share.

None the less, the state and command would be largely Swedish and I do by no means protest to giving the units Swedish names.

Hey may the SMH (Scottish mercenary halberdiers) have its numbers changed to 15 please, we have a friendly regiment joining our ranks :grin: thanks.

Odenar said:
Recruitademt said:
Odenar said:

True, but still the german mercenaries wasn't more than the national swedish ones,

I'm doubtful of that but I am sadly also unable to find any reliable sources the Swedish army's national demographics of the time, although I can say that we never had anything resembling a truly national army until Charles XI (who basically established our professional standing army). Gustav II Adolf's army in the beginning of the Thirty Years' War I think was more than 1/2 mercenaries - the national soldiers that we had were mostly peasant soldiers - and with that I wouldn't be surprised to hear similar (or even greater numbers of mercenaries) in Charles X's army in the closely following Deluge conflict, since there was a massive recruiting pool to draw from in the left-over mercenaries from the Thirty Years' War. And with further additions of Poles, Scots and many others, it would not at all seem unlikely to me that the majority of the Swedish army was non-Swedish and not too strange that the Germans would outnumber the Swedes. I can't say for sure though and if you have any good sources on the demographics, do share.

None the less, the state and command would be largely Swedish and I do by no means protest to giving the units Swedish names.

nah mate, I've read a couple of books about this war, one of em "Karl X Krig" is one of the best, it says a lot of these things, though i gotta point out that in the end of the 30 y war, there were mostly merecaneries in the swedish, the national ones truley started to get used more again in this war. Although mercereries were high in the swedish army, probably over 1/2 doesn't mean the german ones were, i actually doubt they had majority in numbers over the swedes. (And now im talking about the army which partic in the deluge) if u would count castle garrisors and stuff u would know the answer, anyways. I dont think this is the right thread to disscus this in so ill just stop.

By courtesy of Tercio Napoles clan, today's Organized Warfare will take place on their TS3 and in-game server. Many thanks for allowing us to use these. Hopefully we will carry on with the event with no troubles/lags/rages at all.

TeamSpeak3 details:
adress:188.165.197.194

Every clan that signed for the event is to join the TS before the event (like 30 min).

Cheers
Dąbrowski

PS. Also do not forget to have your The Deluge version updated to 0.55!! Steam Warband version requires small hotfix 0.551

Good to hear about the new ts (some of us western europeans lagged horribly).

Also a cheer to the new patch... HUZZAH!

lets hope to a town map tonight :grin:

Because of the most recent patch we had to reform the unit list for todays event.
There are not many actual changes, yet I'm asking everyone to be aware of them - since they might influence your regiment:

• Starting today we will be using a new TS server, courtesy of TercioNapoles:
    server IP: 188.165.197.194
    I would like to remind you that EVERY CLAN is REQUIRED to have at least one person on the TS to receive orders from the faction commander.
  • Sweden no longer has its Jager formations, they will be replaced with mercenary infantry units.
  • Swedish national infantry regiments are obliged to only use mercenary musketeer and mercenary pikemen units. Color bearers are excluded from this rule and can select the special unit for their purpose.
  • Polish national infantry should consist of "polish infantry". It can choose both musket firearms as well as polearm weaponry thus with the fulfilling the "no more    than 70% musketeers" should not be a problem. Color bearers are excluded from this rule and can select the special unit for their purpose.
  • Out of balance reasons the Dalregementet is being transferred to the polish side. Apologies for the problem.
  • We are still searching for a volunteer to command the Swedish army.

I understand the dissatisfaction, but the balance must be maintained... We will try to solv the problem befor the battle.

Only to remind:
Lisek said:
Kingdom of Sweden:
  • General and Staff max 5 people-
  • Raitars (max. 15 people)- Regiment Wielkopolski- 15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Tercios Of Spain- 15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- The Lucky Dogs- 10 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- 41st Regiment of Foote-17/20 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Dutch East India Company- 10/15
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- PR_ Blewcoats- 10/15 members
  • Dragoons- English speaking randomeer platoon
  • Mercenary Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Tercio Viejo de Cartagena- 10 members
  • Mercenary Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- TercioNapoles- 15 members

Polish Commonwealth:
  • General and Staff max 5 people- Backsplash
  • Lisowczycy (max. 15 people)- Special DEV Team -15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Regiment Gwardii Korony Polskiej.- 10 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Koronny Regiment Pancerny- 20 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Gwardia Koronna- 10/15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Bohemia Corps- 15 members
  • Infantry (max. 70% musketeers)- Dalregementet-15 members
  • Dragoons- Polish speaking randomeer platoon
  • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 people)- Chorągiew Wolentarska- 15 members
  • Mercenary Infantry (max. 15 people)- The Scottish Mercenary Halberdiers- 10 members

Please install the newest patch for today's event: http://thedeluge.net/files/The_Deluge_0.552_patch.exe

IT'S VERY IMPORTANT.

Please let your clan mates know, so that they'll have proper patch. Otherwise they'll not be able to join today's event.

I was wondering if you guys could do a steam notification about the event? since im pretty good at forgeting things but would like very much indeed to be in it! would really help out a lot (though, I dont think ill forget it today)

Excuse me Hische, you'd be a terrible cavalry commander... You wanted us, Reiters to charge enemy's positions all alone... In second round at Kircholm we rebelled (under my command) and Sweden finally won the day... Next round was the same... Sight of general charging alone with his bodyguards was priceless....

Zdrowaś Polska!

Thanks to all the clans that attended!

4-2 to poland! And yes, Dabrowski, I am going to put the victory on the forums!!! xD

Hahah :grin: I know the feeling. Winning always makes people happy ^^. Congrats to both commanders. You guys did really, really well.

Now some more official announcement:
Due to Easter next week, we have decided to call the battle off. I hope that reasons are understandable enough for you. But do not worry fellow lads. Some sort of biger event is going to happen on 14th Aprill. Look for news, so you don't miss it.

Cheers
Dąbrowski

PS. In order to avoid misspelling and pronouncing mistakes just call me Dab or Dabdab :grin:.

Back
Top Bottom