[OLD] Team Assignments (16-Feb-09)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wei.Xiadi

Knight at Arms
Okay, this will be where I let everyone know what I'd like them to do.  Whether they do this or not is up to them, but it's a start in organising what everyone is doing.

Also, people may offer suggestions or anything else in this thread, if its applausible i'll add it to an assignment and credits wil lof cours ebe given in thanks for their suggestions/opinions.

Lonehwolf : (Task) - Use the Historians or google to look at various Mongolian armours, you may also look up pictures from the film 'Mongol'.  Get an idea of what armorus they sued, what weapons they used and begin removing 'ALL' Medieval inspired armorus and weapons from the Mongol Mod.  Also, with the names provided in the coders lab, construct basic troop trees with the help of the Historians (Lord Corentin), now remember, you don't need to know history at all, we have Mongolian names so just look at what a bunch of names and throw them together, but make sure they make sens ein english, for instanbce, you'd use the words 'heavy' 'sword' 'infantry/soldier' and then you do an 'elite' 'heavy' 'soldier' and so on so forth.  Its very basic, so you shouldn't have any problems mastering basic communications - something our species learn by the age of 6. xD

Joshua : (Modelling) - Once you've given me everything you've done tomorrow, you may start working on fences, barricades and anything else related to 'scenes'.  This could include a platform, towers, watch posts, new barrels, a shed, various styles of huts or gers, a big tent, anything.  make sure you UV map and texture whatever you do before sending it to me though.  Thanks.

omzdog : (Texturing) - I've given you various things to texture, I'll help with the furs as soon as I can but i'm going to need you to do armour textures for me.  I can provide you with a few images or brfs which contain some good models for you to use.  I expect these textures to be asian themed.  Thanks.

Haas : (Models) - Learn the basics of Uv mapping and texturing and continue to create amazing weapons and shields for the mod. :smile:

Shagrath : (Map_Icons) - Once I've recieved the armour you was working on you may proceed with those map icons we were talking about. :smile:  The towns will have 4 gers, 1 being twice the size of the remaining 3.  It'll have a barricade and maybe a small little outpost or something, keep it neat, tidy but make it 'known' its a town.  The castle will be 3 gers with fences and various barricades, make it only a little bit bigger then a village and smaller then a town.  The villages will just be 3 small gers clumped together. :smile:

You may also make other things as well, but its up to you. :smile:

Eum : (Scenes) - I guess you'll just continue with your Tangut themed scenes...

ChengYi : (Historian/Singer) - We have enough songs for now, but if you could help Bennet/Lonehwolf with the troop trees and historical references that'd be totally badass.  Thanks.

Okay thats everyone I can think of, Lord Corentin will probably just continue to be awesome and help out, but yeah.  Remember that anyone can help with whatever field, just post any suggestions or ways to improve and we'll gladly look into it.  Thanks.

Wei Xiadi.

Wei.Xiadi said:
Lonehwolf : (Task) - Use the Historians or google to look at various Mongolian armours, you may also look up pictures from the film 'Mongol'.  Get an idea of what armorus they sued, what weapons they used and begin removing 'ALL' Medieval inspired armorus and weapons from the Mongol Mod.  Also, with the names provided in the coders lab, construct basic troop trees with the help of the Historians (Lord Corentin), now remember, you don't need to know history at all, we have Mongolian names so just look at what a bunch of names and throw them together, but make sure they make sens ein english, for instanbce, you'd use the words 'heavy' 'sword' 'infantry/soldier' and then you do an 'elite' 'heavy' 'soldier' and so on so forth.  Its very basic, so you shouldn't have any problems mastering basic communications - something our species learn by the age of 6. xD

I was tricked!  No donuts, and more importantly, no humpable monkeys!  *at this point I highlight all of steve's spelling mistakes*.

I'll do mai best in regards to this.

Wolf.
P.S. Must have skipped that "year 6" development phase.  Y'know, babies come via parachutes and all, mine didn't open, I landed on my head.  Remember the Grand Canyon?

Be awesome and help out... Do I get a commission for that? I'd happily accept swiss bank accounts, gold, or estates. Really, I wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to give any of the above to me.

In all seriousness, I'm going to try to pump out a couple of troop trees and revise the ones we already have, since that's something I'd be able to do. Certainly can't code or make models... So all I'm useful for is to provide the historical basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom