Old Main thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Remember to register on our site, if you're interested. We started a map test yesterday, and screenshots should soon follow. :wink:

Well actually we are getting more screenshots running when the map is made, takes a while longer but I guess that's okay...

I haven't started a beta test yet, whatever is being said.
The only thing I did was upload a small test scene to try some stuff out, and get a few screenshots.
The actual map / beta map is still being made.

If I learned one thing, from many failed Persistent mods.

YOU NEED TO ADVERTISE

Alot, really, make steam groups, ask people to post it on the welcome messages in servers. Get signatures. Tell friends on steam to tell other friends etc.

Many many mods (not just persistent) failed. Only persistent mod (besised origional) that was a sucsess was Frontier. Although it unfortunately lost its NA part and many of the old, lovely memories.

Persistent Age
Persistent Empires
Novum Mundus

all dead. So, please, I want this to work. You need to advertise.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:

YOU NEED TO ADVERTISE

Alot, really, make steam groups, ask people to post it on the welcome messages in servers. Get signatures. Tell friends on steam to tell other friends etc.

Many many mods (not just persistent) failed. Only persistent mod (besised origional) that was a sucsess was Frontier. Although it unfortunately lost its NA part and many of the old, lovely memories.

Persistent Age
Persistent Empires
Novum Mundus

Well..I tend to disagree as PW mod is quite time consuming and laggy as hell. Don't even ask me to start about how it overcomplicated with ver4 and even more time consuming...

The reason mods of PW mod failed is not bad or lack of advertising but flawed original PW mechanics which is closer to cRPG than well...RPG, I guess.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:

YOU NEED TO ADVERTISE

Persistent Age
Persistent Empires
Novum Mundus

I am re-making Persistent Empires from scratch(been a few months now).
And yes, advertising is very important, for a persistent mod don't even think about releasing without at least 30 pages of stuff on the thread and many supporters.

An advantage might be players comming over from Vikingr.

But indeed, Advertisement will be the key to succes.

( but first modteam will need some screens )

Well, I have actually been advertising like a ***** since the project started to look like it will be happening. Also, I wouldn't say it's laggy at all, unless your PC is from 20th century or you use wrong settings.

Thanks for advertising clagius.
I'm currently trying to get my hands on some signatures.

Also , the reason why I haven't put up any screenshots of the map yet is because I'm not a fan of showing unfinished scenes.

Its a nice idea for a mod, but there's a minus - its based around one location, and you can only fight with vikings and anglo-saxons, which are pretty much the same, it lacks diversity.
Good luck with your project, i hope it wont fail like the other persistent mods. Also one thing, why does every mod based on PW have a "Persistent" in their name?(except Novum Mundus)

Back
Top Bottom