Official NA Line Battle Event

Users who are viewing this thread

damonkey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Official Tuesday North American Linebattle

It is my intention to host a weekly Friday linebattle for the North American community of the mod. The event will begin on the Tuesday after the next patch, begining at 5:00 PM Central Time. It is my intention to keep the rules as streamlined as possible.

General Rules and Guidelines for the Linebattle as a whole
  • At no point should an entire regiment go Officer
  • The officers and NCOs are expected to convey the rules to their subordinates. I expect everyone to abide by the rules, punishments may be slays without warning
  • At no point should there be one or two individuals a distance away from allies. This is considered ramboing and is against the rules

Rules for Infantry
  • Infantry must be in some form of coherant formation
  • Infantry may not have more than half a mans spacing between their men
  • Infantry must do everything as a formation. This means firing, charging, and marching must be done as a regiment
  • Infantry may crouch if they are the first rank of a multi-rank line
  • Infantry may crouch to conceal themselves if they are not being engaged*
  • Other than the two exception above, Infantry may not crouch.

* Note: This means that you may crouch to "hide" in ambush behind a hill or foliage. This is not permitted if you are being engaged, meaning you may not run behind one of these features while being fired upon to crouch- that is considered skirmishing.

Rules for Riflemen
  • Riflemen may crouch
  • Riflemen may fire out of senquence, i.e skirmishing
  • Riflemen may have three mans spacing
  • Riflemen may never exceed 12 men

Rules for Cavalry
  • Cavalry may go either Heavy or Light
  • Cavalry must move and charge as a regiment
  • Cavalry may never exceed 10 men

Application
    If your regiment is interested in participating, the regiment leader must send me a PM with the application below. Public players are permitted into the linebattle, given they arrive in the Linebattle teamspeak about 10 minutes ahead of time. They will be put in a regiment to tag along with.

Code:
[b]Regiment Name:[/b]
[b]Role (Infantry, Rifles, etc.):[/b]
[b]Regiment Leader (in-game):[/b]
[b]Average Numbers:[/b]
[b]Have you read the rules:[/b]
[b]Will you uphold the rules to your men:[/b]

Note: You can apply for any role you want. You will need to be prepared to fight as Infantry, however, due to balance issues. If you wish to change roles, you need to re-send an application.

Server Information:
    The server the line battle will be hosted on is located in Denver, Colorado. The server name will be "Conquest_NA_Battle".

The IP to the teamspeak that will be used is 72.5.102.236. Regiments needing a channel for the Linebattle may ask a server admin. In addition, if you are a regiment leader in need of a permanent teamspeak space, you may ask an admin to make you a permanent channel for you regiment. You will recieve channel admin of said channel.

*** Note that these rules will probably change after the first few linebattles. This post is under construction. ***

Hm. A wild sticky appeared.

I would like to inform everyone that the post originally said "the friday after the patch release." However, I did not anticipate the patch being released this soon, so it will most likely be next Friday (unless a lot of regiments are interested).

Back
Top Bottom