Official [Multi-Purpose] Party Thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope you all realise that any prophecy prior to the middle ages is at least a day out?

Round about the time that the Gregorian calendar was introduced, all of christianity lost at least one day - in Britain, it was 11 days, in Russia, 13 days, because they left it so long - and everyone was very upset because they still got taxed on the basis of a 365-day year.

So if you are thinking that Mayan -predicted apocalypse was 22dec2012, you need to think again, and add 11 minutes for every year since the introduction of the 'new' calendar since 1582.  That makes about two weeks at todays rate of exchange.

Happy panicking!

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar - wikipicky, but close enough to the truth that only Ancalimon would argue otherwise)

Speak for yourself.  Gangnam style reached 1,000,000,000, I got a 20 dollar tip at work (which is odd, since I work in fast food), and to top it off, the world isn't destroyed (yet).  So overall, not a bad day for me.  :mrgreen:

I had to do a whole bunch of **** at work that isn't my job (changing bed linens, doing laundry) and when I bent over backwards trying to to help these people out, I got a 2 dollar tip.

Pretty ****.

I'll quit whining.

I am drinking something called Jeremiah Weed Root Brew at 9.30 in the morning, because somebody told me that American root beer tastes like germaline and this was the closest I could find at the super market.

In other news, it's obvious the world didn't end yesterday so I'll set it back to tomorrow, which is the second projected date for EotW.

Amman de Stazia said:
I hope you all realise that any prophecy prior to the middle ages is at least a day out?

Round about the time that the Gregorian calendar was introduced, all of christianity lost at least one day - in Britain, it was 11 days, in Russia, 13 days, because they left it so long - and everyone was very upset because they still got taxed on the basis of a 365-day year.

So if you are thinking that Mayan -predicted apocalypse was 22dec2012, you need to think again, and add 11 minutes for every year since the introduction of the 'new' calendar since 1582.  That makes about two weeks at todays rate of exchange.

Happy panicking!

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar - wikipicky, but close enough to the truth that only Ancalimon would argue otherwise)
At least we get Christmas first, then.

The confluence a few hundred metres from my house looks more like an estuary.

No worries.

Captain-Obvious.jpg

Back
Top Bottom