Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Havoc said:
fok68l.jpg
  :neutral:

The secret new race for FPW 3?

Thanks for comments. About the heraldric part I didn't find the thread :sad: and I'm pretty sure it's above my skills.

FrisianDude said:

Yes that's it, thanks. Stupid me I didn't even looked into tutorials forum.

Here's update of the armor. The leg protection looks pretty stupid but I dont know how to improve it. Just for presetation I used Narf's gauntlets. The boot are from native and shield is retextured native one. The new pattern is just a placeholder for now.

crusaderkinght.png

@Youhou: Very nice, however, the upper-legprotection looks like a skirt me seems...

And this is my 4th model, made half an hour ago:

What do you think of this early modelling-attempt to try to get as good as, for example, Faradon?  :wink:

Regards

Well the trick for making amazing models in M&B is making lowpoly that still looks like highpoly and really detailed. I can' t really tell about your model because I haven't seen your model with flat shading (or whatever it is). The most of the models got their magic with textures and normals and so on. Your sword still looks something that I would make in wings and it seems ok.

Faradon has, along with his mad skillz, ZBrush, which allows making very detailed bump maps along with other treats, so you'll have to work quite hard to beat him with Wings :wink:
That model looks pretty good to me though. Will look great if properly textured.

joelturuz said:
Faradon has, along with his mad skillz, ZBrush, which allows making very detailed bump maps along with other treats, so you'll have to work quite hard to beat him with Wings :wink:
That model looks pretty good to me though. Will look great if properly textured.
I didn´t use it for any model I made for WB yet. It´s simply too time consuming and if you do it right, a normalmap-filter created normal map made in ps or whatever can look as good! I am a Zbrush noob though.

The tsuba on a naginata is quite a bit smaller than that of a katana or tachi because it was unlikely a blade would slide down the entire length of the shaft and catch the user's hand. See, here's a picture.
naginatatsuba.jpg

But to be honest, since the haft has a wrapping, it looks mare like a nagamaki with an extra long handle.

(Also, If I were you I would change the hamon to be a less severe change in color with most of its difference in the spec. The blade shouldn't be that dark, then light like that. It should vary slightly to show the separation from the flat part to to the cutting edge, then add the hamon on the cutting edge)
Masayuki01.jpg

See how in the flash the color is very different, but under less direct light it's harder to detect?

faradon said:
I am a Zbrush noob though.

Imho, it doesn't take much skill to get awesome results when it comes to bump/normal maps in zbrush/mudbox though.
Nearly no matter what you do, it will look much better than without it. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom