Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

That's coming along well :smile:

Use a bit of preshading on the upper hood and the folds, to bring out the geometry a bit more, and add some subtle lighter / darker passes to suggest small wrinkles and folds.  The Taleworlds shaders don't provide as much illusion of depth if an object doesn't have any specular value, so for cloth areas, good ol' preshading is going to produce most of the effect.  Spraypaint a bit of black around the buckle, to make it stand out a tiny bit more.  Overall though, that's really looking good :smile:

youhou said:
assassinhoodtextured.jpg

So here is the hood almost finished texture (I suck at texturing). Any tips or advices what could be improved? Making normal for it if I understand the tutorial :razz:
Something along this (just a guideline), and apply a texturizer filter on cloth, but just a little, barely visible. Since my photoshopCS5 updated my filters erased themselves, sometimes they are usefull :wink:
assassinhoodtexturedsug.jpg

Thanks for advices :smile:. Tried to everything that I understanded (not too familiar with gimp) and in my opinion looks a lot better. Maybe I lighten the buckle little bit and maybe making it variation like in your pic Zimke :smile:

finishedhoodtexture.jpg

Made a great helm. Could be crusader helmet too :razz: Anyways, it's about 270 polygons only. Turned out quite well me thinks. Anyways, some pics. Also, I made the dang eye thingies as holes in wings. Now you can see through the whole dang helmet. Anyway to make the holes un holes in wings? :grin:

Pics of greate helmet, or crusader helmet.
101393035-3.jpg

101393041-3.jpg

101393044-3.jpg

101393052-3.jpg

101393056-3.jpg

101393071-3.jpg

101393077-3.jpg

101393086-3.jpg
So, what do you think? :3

I'd sugest toning the normal map down a bit, metal doesn't need a strong normal map for its texture. You should define the different rims/edges better, adding some slight shading, scratches.

@youhou, i could make a cool zbrushed normal map for that hood, just send me the model :wink:
I need to practice Zbrush with my new Intuos4 M anyway :grin:

faradon said:
Looks great, but the stone is a bit too shiny which makes it look wet...but I guess thats not important for you yet  :wink:
Yeah, i have to get that look right, quite hard to get it look just good enough.

Xelvod said:
Great! is this for some mod?
this will be good for diablo2 mod ...for dungeon :grin:
Its for a mod im slowly building, i'd be more then happy to release the model when i get it done  :wink:

mr.master said:
Awesome :razz: Zbrush I guess? :grin: I should try sculptris. D: But to ask, it aint the best tool to make guns etc  I guess? :razz:
yes. for guns its best to use sub-d modeling, along with some tricks like floating geometry when doing the normalmap
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56014
http://wiki.polycount.com/Subdivision%20Surface%20Modeling

mr.master said:
Made a great helm. Could be crusader helmet too :razz: Anyways, it's about 270 polygons only. Turned out quite well me thinks. Anyways, some pics. Also, I made the dang eye thingies as holes in wings. Now you can see through the whole dang helmet. Anyway to make the holes un holes in wings? :grin:

The model is good, but since you used the 'cover_head' but still left holes for the eyes open, you can see through it. Also yes, the normal map is too heavy.

Arch3r said:
mr.master said:

The model is good, but since you used the 'cover_head' but still left holes for the eyes open, you can see through it. Also yes, the normal map is too heavy.
Ah true :razz: Yeah I tuned the normal map down quite alot. Ill fix the covers head later on. What about now? :razz:

Pics
101394692-3.jpg

101394701-3.jpg

101394704-3.jpg

101394715-3.jpg

101394717-3.jpg

101394719-3.jpg
Any better now? :3

@mr. master: I don't think making it show the face under the helm would be a great idea because it wouldn't shade it right. I'd be better if you just un-holed them and blacked them out.

CC-4361 Lux said:
@mr. master: I don't think making it show the face under the helm would be a great idea because it wouldn't shade it right. I'd be better if you just un-holed them and blacked them out.
Oh D: But how do I un-hole them? D: Or do I have to find a work around?

I had hell with holes back when I was modelling an ARC 170. I've found a solution that I think works though, select the edges around the holes and 'Loop cut'.

faradon said:
The normal map is too intense.

If you're unclear on the meaning of intense.

mr.master said:

Select a neighbouring face and go to use the "hole" tool but right click, instead of left. That should fill it in. Also, remove the itp_covers_head flag.

But yeah, with the reduced normal map, it looks very cool, WEe :grin:. Although.. it might be worth lightly bevelling the edges of the top, instead of using a hard edge. It's, what... 32 extra tris? That's nothing and it'll make it look much better.

captain lust said:
faradon said:
The normal map is too intense.

If you're unclear on the meaning of intense.

mr.master said:

Select a neighbouring face and go to use the "hole" tool but right click, instead of left. That should fill it in. Also, remove the itp_covers_head flag.

But yeah, with the reduced normal map, it looks very cool, WEe :grin:. Although.. it might be worth lightly bevelling the edges of the top, instead of using a hard edge. It's, what... 32 extra tris? That's nothing and it'll make it look much better.
Alrighty, thanks :smile:
Took some pics with hospitaller armor equipped. It's a native armor which I just re-textured.
101401660-3.jpg

101401679-3.jpg

101401685-3.jpg

101401697-3.jpg
Also, filled the eye holes.

Very good! But the eye holes are missing from the normal map aren't they? They look like they were painted onto the metal, they still shine just like the rest of the helmet too. Add some depth to them.

Back
Top Bottom