Not Suggestions (the derailed thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harkon Haakonson

I am woman, hear me roar!
Marquis
Yeah, making one handed weapons not able to block two handed weapons makes a lot of sense in a gameplay perspective... Does this Phalanx guy ever think before he spews out his retarded posts.

Does this HarkonHakoon guy ever think before spewing out these unnessecary and unhelpful posts?

Maybe some day you will realise that realism doesn't always mean less gameplay value. Something to make one-handed weapons less usefull hasn't even been tried out, yet your already dismissing that it could halep the gameplay and realism. And then I'm the one not thinking and making retarded posts? And please point out where I said they shouldn't be able to block? I haven't specified any way they should be nerfed, I simply said they should be. Good luck finding Vikingr era combat with one-handed weapons, even duels were fought with shields. When shields broke, a part of it broke, not the whole think.

HarkonHakoon said:
More helpful than suggesting ridiculous nonsense for the sake of "realism". :lol:
Maybe someday he'll realize that gameplay > realism.
Nope, your posts are garbage.

When someone posts a suggestion, what usually happens is that people think about how that'd affect game balance. Giving all 2h weapons (except for spears) a chance to crush through blocks wouldn't necessarily be unbalanced, especially when you can make them slower or something.

Having a chance to crush through a one handed weapons is something that might work. Would at least help the: Block down and enemy spear is completely useless. While in reality someone with a one handed weapon would have a very hard time against someone with a spear. Actually spears should rather have more directions of attack, perhaps looking the same as the standard one to show the danger of it.

Kid, just because you joined a few months ago and made some posts doesn't mean that you're the bomb. I've had my time for making helpful and big posts in Vikingr when I first started, which was over a year ago, I hardly have the patience anymore to be thorough, though I do point out obvious flaws in what some try to suggest just because I care enough for the game still. Then again I don't really have to do it in public, since River Pirate would take my opinion over any of you slobs regarding balance, I just get tired of reading the same suggestions without clear balance considerations and I try to educate in any way I can...

The point is that, game balance would be compromised if you essentially made all one handed weapons an effective seax against 2 handed axes. Crush through block was NEVER ported to Vikingr because of the anti-skill aspect it gives associated to randomness, in fact, the guys from my clan who developed the mod originally despised many aspects of Native, crush through block included (we don't mock the lolhammer for no reason).

HarkonHakoon said:
Kid, just because you joined a few months ago and made some posts doesn't mean that you're the bomb. I've had my time for making helpful and big posts in Vikingr when I first started, which was over a year ago, I hardly have the patience anymore to be thorough, though I do point out obvious flaws in what some try to suggest just because I care enough for the game still. Then again I don't really have to do it in public, since River Pirate would take my opinion over any of you slobs regarding balance, I just get tired of reading the same suggestions without clear balance considerations and I try to educate in any way I can...
Hahaha, what the hell does your (hard-earned, no doubt) elitism have to do with anything.

It's not elitism, it's context that obviously needs to be mentioned when you claim my posts are "garbage", lol. I don't post harsh 1 liners for the sake of being a ****, I have better ways to spend my time than that, nor do I have any interest in creating conflicts.

HarkonHakoon said:
nor do I have any interest in creating conflicts.

You create conflicts, you did in the past and you will do it in the future. It's not what you say, but how you say it. You think you're a badass and everybody else is a "kid" or "stupid" or whatever. To be honest - your ego is a joke.

I don't think I'm a "badass", lol. Nor do I really think I have a ego, it just takes brutal honesty sometimes in this community. Aside from in-game chat, then again, I'm almost always screwing around in the chat there.

I do think only a minimal amount of people in the Vikingr community have a clue on gameplay balancing though, which is pretty unfortunate because there's a good number of very educated and capable individuals in the subject in the Native community.

Something never has been tried > Its must be bad. Anyone saying otherwise is a retard. DERP.

Yes you must be right because you say so.

Phalanx300 said:
Something never has been tried > Its must be bad. Anyone saying otherwise is a retard. DERP.

Yes you must be right because you say so.

It HAS been tried. Have you ever played Native? 2 handed hammers can crush through block, and it's an infamous and considered gamebreaking weapon for that. It eliminates any aspect of skill if you have no hope of blocking an incoming hit, either through shield blocking or weapon blocking. I frankly don't see that as healthy gameplay, going around spam-bashing people in hopes of getting a 1 hit kill because my attack went through their guard.

Due to the nature of Warband combat, you don't really have hope against these weapons for a fair fight. They can block you, you can't really block them as you'll never know if it will go through you, so it encourages a sloppy style of fighting based on spamming in order to evade the crush through of doom.

HarkonHakoon said:
Then again I don't really have to do it in public, since River Pirate would take my opinion over any of you slobs regarding balance, I just get tired of reading the same suggestions without clear balance considerations and I try to educate in any way I can...

Who gives a **** that River Pirate prefers your opinion?

HarkonHakoon said:
I do think only a minimal amount of people in the Vikingr community have a clue on gameplay balancing though, which is pretty unfortunate because there's a good number of very educated and capable individuals in the subject in the Native community.

You're hardly part of the Vikingr community, Harkon, because you rarely play this game.

And so you trying to "educate" us is misguided and simply very, very awkward.

The fact that he's largely influential in the balancing of the game.

I may not have as much time to play this nowadays, but I played it every single day for a long time. Having talked thoroughly with both generations of the developers and participated in many testing sessions, it's silly to say I'm not a part of Vikingr.
It's not even that rare that I play the game anyways.

Your argument on me trying to educate people being misguided doesn't make sense?
That has nothing to do with my activity, as long as it's enough to get to know the ins and outs of the game, which I do. Ever since I started playing Vikingr I have laid my fundamented opinions on combat and gold/gear balancing, something I believe I do well not because I suggest or discuss issues that I think should be changed because I like or dislike, but because I feel something is wrong with the game, or could be tweaked and improved. I analyze the implications or study the current impacts of something, like anyone that tries to give suggestions SHOULD do, which sadly doesn't happen.

Just because one doesn't play every day, doesn't mean he doesn't know how to properly balance a game or recognize a bad basis for suggesting gameplay related aspects, lol. I give my insight on Dota 2 and Heroes of Newerth as well when I feel up for it, and it's certainly better understood there since there's a competitive community, and many players who have the right mindset to know what has to be done. Guess what, even the "nicest" guys react more harshly when someone comes out of nowhere to suggest something game-breaking unless it's backed up with a really good explanation and theory. The issue isn't really me here, but people individually trying to shape the game to their own taste in their suggestions, instead of properly analyzing everything before they spew out their suggestions. Simple lack of experience, which can easily ruin a game when taken into account.

I find it funny how you now hold yourself on a high horse, Éadric. Who's to say who is part of this community and who isn't? :wink:
Clearly spending the most time out of everyone here on constantly tweaking your cute original post of your clan qualifies you, I take it!

PS : I guess I'm done posting here for now, we're hardly really on topic anymore and this is nothing but a timely gangbang on me at this point; amusing but pointless. :razz:

Harkon, I don't know who you think you are mate, but you are most certainly NOT a rockstar of the community. You can go around calling people "Kid" and **** all you want but i'm sure there are people who have been in this mod before or just as long as you who think you're being a complete bell end right now. So drop your ego, people prefer "rockstars" with out the ego.

Linear said:
Harkon, I don't know who you think you are mate, but you are most certainly NOT a rockstar of the community. You can go around calling people "Kid" and **** all you want but i'm sure there are people who have been in this mod before or just as long as you who think you're being a complete bell end right now. So drop your ego, people prefer "rockstars" with out the ego.

Dave Grohl approves this post

qinterview07_2.jpg

HarkonHakoon said:
I don't consider myself a rockstar. :sad:

Fellow clansmen ganging, how mature and original! :lol:
To be fair Harkon, if you call one of our clansmen something quite demeaning and nasty we are gonna have a go mate. Plus you're making your self look stupid.

Linear said:
HarkonHakoon said:
I don't consider myself a rockstar. :sad:

Fellow clansmen ganging, how mature and original! :lol:
To be fair Harkon, if you call one of our clansmen something quite demeaning and nasty we are gonna have a go mate.
Because he can't speak for himself?  :smile:

Might be just me, but I'll be ashamed of myself the moment I want or need "backup" over an internet discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom