Not Retrieving Server List, Solutions??

Users who are viewing this thread

will74011

Recruit
I cannot retrieve server list, left house for an hour to pick brother up and it said still retrieving server list and the only way i can get out of it is by alt+f4. And i know this is a big issue, so if possible please post your solutions that got your game to start properly working and any info upcoming patches and if you need steam too play, thanks!  :wink:

Is it stuck on "retrieving list of servers"?
What Windows are you using? A lot seem to be having issues with 7x64 (works fine for me though)
One person reported that they resolved this by disabling IP Flood Detection on their router.

You can also try changing max_number_of_connections in ...\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt.
From 1.110 patch notes:
Added max_number_of_connections option to rgl_config.txt. Players who have difficulty receiving server list from internet can lower the default value (64) to 20 or so.

Have you tried temporarily disabling Windows Firewall and any similar third-party programs?

The devs asked for dns to be checked on this bug report:
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=1758

Can you check that?
1) Open a Command Prompt,
2) Type: nslookup www.taleworlds.com
3) Also: nslookup warbandmain.taleworlds.com

These should both show the Address 72.55.156.59

I have more if you get this far, good luck :smile:

I am having a similar issue although warband does not freeze on me - it just never seems to find any servers.  I tried lowering the 64 to 10 but no dice.  I did the ns lookup you suggested and got the following: 

For www.taleworlds.com
Server:  resolver1.opendns.com
Address:  208.67.222.222
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:  www.taleworlds.com.2wire.net
Address:  67.215.65.132

For warbandmain.taleworlds.net
same as above except
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:  warbandmain.taleworlds.com.2wire.net

Any other ideas?

Although your nslookup results are wrong, this isn't necessarily a problem! :sad:
This is just what happens when you use a DNS server outside of your LAN.

If you do "nslookup www.taleworlds.com." (Note trailing period.) You should get the correct IP 72.55.156.59.

So, unless that fails, we actually are no further forward :neutral:

The Devs asked for people to check with the Google DNS servers, so it would be nice to at least try that.
They are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, I'm assuming as you are using OpenDNS you know how to change this.

Edit: The definitive way to find out what is happening (from an internet point of view) would be to:
1) Install http://www.wireshark.org/.
2) The Close any apps accessing the internet.
3) Start Warband in Windowed mode.
4) Start logging in Wireshark.
5) Attempt to "Join a Game"
6) Either dig through the results yourself, or .zip it and host it somewhere.

Thanks - I did the trailing "." and got the correct number now :smile:

I did try changing to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and nothing changed in warband.  I am not terribly computer savvy so doing the wireshark thing actually scares me a bit!  Even if I could do it, I am not sure I would be able to look at the wireshark read out and understand how to diagnose the problem.

Hopefully the mount and blade folks come up with a solution to what seems like a pretty big problem, and soon.

Thanks

As so many others, i have been having a very similar problem, in that no servers appear on the list...  my log says:

} //Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_get_party_speed_multiplier
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...
loading time:  82744
Finished All...
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
init_meta_mission complete.
launch complete.
Main server search response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad Request</TITLE>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></HEAD>

<BODY><h2>Bad Request</h2>

<hr><p>HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed.</p>

</BODY></HTML>

And then basically every time I try to refresh or retrieve servers the log starts from "Main server search response:" over and over ad nauseam.

can anybody make any sense of it?

Daegoth has updated the bug: http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=1758

If you can follow the above instructions on Wireshark, save the results, .zip it and attach it to the bug they will take a look.

Hopefully getting somewhere :smile:

Disable firewall and third party firewall, fail. Changing secure connection from 0 to 1 and max number of players to 20, fail. Reinstalling the game, fail. I have about 15 other massive multiplayer games which have no problem what so ever connecting. Im using wireless connection, also don't know if this would effect it but i do have firefox and internet explorer and i hear sometimes they interfere not sure though if it would effect a multiplayer game but anyways other suggestions besides the ones that didn't work quite well??

It freezes my game on Retrieving Sever list (gotta hit alt-f4 to end the game). I did a wireshark session with it. Here are the lines that it gave me (that seem relevant to the game, only started when I tried to start it, and stopped after going for a little bit.)

http://freetexthost.com/bde4zllnw4

Yea it was strange, started trying to find the server list. It made all those notes, then just stopped a few seconds later. I guess it's getting stuck on something. I don't know.

Don't know if you've seen the update on the bug report yet, but the bit I think Daegoth wants is on the line that shows in Wireshark as "HTTP/1.1 200 OK".

Thanks for clearing that up Nood. I wouldn't have known what he wanted without that. If he wants a different line I'm holding onto the capture in case of it. Made a new post on the Bug page.

Ah bugger, thats the wrong one :neutral:

Sorry, my bad, I meant the one after the "GET /handlerservers.ashx?type=list HTTP/1.0".
If you right-click and do 'Follow TCP Stream' on either the above GET request or the 200 OK after, its the same stream.

Edit: Do it on the GET request, that way we know for sure its the right one.

Man what a weird problem. Still just stops on retrieving server list. Then when I try to do anything (including hitting back) it freezes and I have to restart the game to get it to work.

I have the exact same problem. I just bought the game through taleworlds.com and installed the 1.113 version. If I knew the Multiplayer wouldn't work then I would have had no intention of paying for this program.

Back
Top Bottom