Not a good time to be a sequel

Users who are viewing this thread

6hqqtyn1tx331.png

:lol:

Bannerlord is a completely different game than Modrhau. Singleplayer....

Hacking a sword with auto block gets old after a few months. Mordhau will be dead eventually. Wont be too long.

While I do agree with Lawrence's comment, Mount and Blade's multiplayer is quite engaging. There's a reason that it has survived 7-8 years on warband, and there still can be 100-200 man events even in 2019.

And here we go again. Comparing Mordhau to Chivalry is totally legit. Because Mordhau ist basically the exact same concept as Chivalry.
A Competitive Multiplayer game, with similar game modes as the classic multiplayer shooters. Many people call these games
"Battlefield with swords", which may be a simplification but essential describes the basic idea behind it.

Mount and Blade however is not like this. The first most significant difference is the single player. While games like Mordhau and Chivalry
do not even have a single player mode, Mount and Blade highly emphasize on the single player. One could consider the single player
the primary game mode, while the multiplayer (even though more important in Bannerlord then in previous M&B games) is still the secondary mode.

Talking about the single player: The combination of RPG elements with elements of strategy and tactic based games is still pretty unique.
No other game series was currently able to give me a similar gaming experience. Customizing your character, walking through a town or village, doing quests...classic RPG feeling. But then you're also commander of an army, and you have to conquer cities and castles and you have to show your tactical skills while fighting battles. And then you get a feeling kind of similar to Total War, but even a bit more intense, because you're participating in the battles, with you're own character. And now tell: Can Mordhau give me a similar gaming experience? I don't think so. And looking back to Chivalry 1, games like Mordhau will soon becoming boring. How long have you played Chivalry? A year? Two years, maybe three? I've played Warband for nine years. I am still playing it now. So comparing Mordhau to M&B is just silly.

If anything, mordhau players will play both bannerlord and mordhau. Or, they will play mordhau multilplayer and bannerlord single player. The only people who won’t get bannerlord who wanted it but have mordhau are those who can’t afford to buy another game. This is a non issue.

So all medieval games compete on the same grounds, no matter the genre?

Cool. Maybe BL already lost to Battle  Brothers, or Total War Brittania and we are discussing something completely irrelevant.
I think skyrim has won.

First of all, i like mordhau and it's idea, also core mordhau players are M&B players in first place. After this disclaimer, i will put this right away;

6bffxkv.png

Game has lost 2/3 of it's active player base in 1 month. 6 more months, and active player number will pass below 10k, if not 5k.

What's mordhau's problem? I wouldn't call it a problem, but that's the fate of most multiplayer-only games, that player number will cease away day by day. How Warband survived after a decade? Because it's both sp and mp. It's sp feeds mp, and it's mp feeds sp. Players that got bored in one module, can easily slip into other module with few clicks. Mordhau? You just cose the game & open another game, which will result you to open mordhau less after a while.

Varrak said:
First of all, i like mordhau and it's idea, also core mordhau players are M&B players in first place. After this disclaimer, i will put this right away;

6bffxkv.png

Game has lost 2/3 of it's active player base in 1 month. 6 more months, and active player number will pass below 10k, if not 5k.

What's mordhau's problem? I wouldn't call it a problem, but that's the fate of most multiplayer-only games, that player number will cease away day by day. How Warband survived after a decade? Because it's both sp and mp. It's sp feeds mp, and it's mp feeds sp. Players that got bored in one module, can easily slip into other module with few clicks. Mordhau? You just cose the game & open another game, which will result you to open mordhau less after a while.
Amen. Even if you only play multiplayer on Warband, there are different modules for it. Invasion, Napoleonic, Persistent Kingdoms, etc. Mordhau has really satisfying physics and whatnot but it has no lasting appeal aside from unlocking new gear. Not to mention that there is no such thing as game balance...

Chivalry 2's poor reception isn't because Mordhau is a good medieval melee combat game (it is) but because a large portion of Chivalry's playerbase felt abandoned by Torn Banner for not fixing the first game's issues and then releasing a game that no one asked for instead of Chivalry 2. Mordhau came along, fixed a lot of Chivalry's issues and acted as a spiritual successor, which unsurprisingly won them a lot of good press and loyalty. Seeing Chivalry 2 announced right after Mordhau's success makes it seem like Torn Banner just realized their franchise actually had a lot of potential and are now trying to cash-in, but at this point most of their fans aren't willing to abandon Mordhau to return to a developer that didn't care about them before.

Comparatively, the only problem most people have with Bannerlord is that it's not out yet.

Mordhau is fun for a few hours, but honestly it's just not really replayable... Also only 6 people in invasion mode ? When Viking Conquest came out I remember we were at time 150 players fighting against the bots with cool shield walls etc.

Back
Top Bottom