Nostalgia Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

ScientiaExcelsa

Master Knight
This is where we reminisce about how great it was back in the beta, when we regulated the gameplay with an iron fist, and how we ran a tight ship and kept those trolls OUT!

Also, this thread is for complaining about how lousy the admins are on all these new private servers, and the way trolls are running rampant everywhere.

Thirdly, this is where we entertain delusions about how great it would be if everyone started playing on the official servers again, so that we could feel more in control of the community quality.

Enjoy!  :wink:

I miss those days. Now that people have their own servers, they cater to their clan/friends and they let people get away with things.

Ah, I remember Marnid's Banhammer days as well. Poor Unsuspecting Player: "Don't mess with Marnid, he's in a bad mood today." Marnid: "WHAT?! *ban*" And then another admin comes and kills him, then laughs because he can't ban them. ;D

And that time when I locked a server and made like, 5 people fight against 200 bots. So much fun. lol

Now that I think back, Pawn, do you remember a long time ago in beta when we had a duel on the battle server that lasted like, a good 4 minutes or so and everyone had to watch us because we were the last ones alive.

Hailionaona said:
Now that I think back, Pawn, do you remember a long time ago in beta when we had a duel on the battle server that lasted like, a good 4 minutes or so and everyone had to watch us because we were the last ones alive.

I do indeed. We're show offs.  :smile:

Remember way back in early beta when whenever somebody manual blocked in a final dual everyone said something like "OH SNAPZ" cause it was so buggy and hard? :razz:

Nate said:
Hailionaona said:

I do indeed. We're show offs.  :smile:

Showoffs indeed!

lol Only ever a decent reason, Marnid. "He killed me and talked smack, he needs to take a break." :wink:

And yeah, manual blocking was only done by people like test. I remember the first time I played, he was the first guy to kill me. The fight went like this. *feint* *Destin tries to swing* *Destin's dead*. Man, feinting near the beginning of beta was like a guaranteed kill/hit. lol

Remember all the flame wars over cavalry?  "The game is called MOUNT & blade, of course cavalry should be unstoppable!"  I got so tired of that asinine argument.  I was a die-hard infantry enthusiast!

How could I forget?  It spurred the advent of the way of the HOBOSPEAR!  I like to think that Gabeed and I were instrumental in some of the tweaks the Rhodoks got in late beta.  I know that the Vaegirs got bardiches in the first patch after a thread I made asking for them.  That was cool!  Before that, they had battle axes.

I remember my HoboFriar days. :razz: Using the mighty HoboSpear to crack down on those who would badmouth the (under)powerful Rhodoks!

My weapon of choice was melee Javs as the HoboFriar, though. :grin:

I miss the military sickle being the best Rhodok melee weapon... That was mid-late beta. Oh well, Rhodok melee is way better now with the military cleavers.

Scientia Excelsa said:
I was a die-hard infantry enthusiast!

Same here. I used to play cav and ranged classes somewhat frequently, but I eventually discovered that inf were the most rewarding. They still are.  :smile:

Hailionaona said:
lol It was all about the Nord Huscarl that picked up a Siege Crossbow. ;D
Who complained about that? I am going to kick that person's ass! THat was the only way to beat 22nd for me. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom