Northern Africa's countries perspectives

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all.
I'd like to know all over the world people's impressions about the future of Lybia after Qeddafi fall (I'm assuming it is next).
What I mean, it's that people in Northern Africa  are pulling down the dictatorships that have been surviving there for a lot of time, thanks to the World's interests too, that are (1) oil and energy needs and (2) the need for buffer states to hold back islamic fondamentalism (but mainly for energetic supplying). This is mainly why these regimes have survived.
A first idea is that, if European Union and United Nations don't take a stand in favor of the revolutionary movement, Al Quaeda could find a way to shape the situation. This could be a danger because of two reasons:
(1) extremism are never good for a contry, expecially the religious ones.
(2) this could compromise World's needs in term of energy supply.
So, there are two things that matter: the freedom of entire populations and world's interests.
What are your opinions, perspectives and fears about all this ? This can be extended to Egypt, Yemen, Iran and all the other countries in the World that are living a revolutionary atmosphere at the moment.
Discuss (sorry for my bad english)

Wrong board and another topic on the same subject.
There's already one in the Anachronist Guild.

Oh well, my bad. I was almost sure to do the things correctly  :mrgreen:
FAIL

EDIT: oh well, the description of the section says "politics". Can a moderator move this pls ? Thx

Back
Top Bottom