Normal. Should it become Casual Gamer?

Users who are viewing this thread

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
A philosophical question I've been asking myself for quite some time now.  Most new players seem to pick Normal to play, but the mod's balanced for Mommy. 

Then they complain that it's too easy.

Should I just get rid of Normal mode?  Make it harder, but not quite as hard as Mommy?  Call Normal Casual Gamer mode and drop the current Casual Gamer mode, which is so easy it's no fun at all for veterans of the mod?

What should I do?  People's input on this, especially people who've experienced the difference between the two modes, would be appreciated.

normal should not exist as it's too much close to native difficulty wise and mommy is not that brutal as everyone makes it sound if you "cleared" (as becoming king and making calradia Player's Kingdom) native at least once

I don't play Mommy alot, I have played it little on this build. But I noticed there is an economical shift. Normal with just enough trade and you're making money easy, Mommy seems like more a struggle. Items don't get sold for thousands, and you pick your battles and plan harder more. Save for fighting flesh golems, there does seem to be a feel of a difficulty gap between normal and mommy. Perhaps make current normal the easiest option. Make one difficulty in between, maybe call it Mini-Mommy, then Mommy.

Both of the easier difficulties are way to easy to bother playing. I tried playing normal but I found that I could sell one piece of average loot and hire 50+ mercenaries with it..haha.

Perhaps think of something even more demeaning than "Casual" (Trust me, that's a huge insult for a gamer as is) to rename the current "Casual" mode to, and then rename the current Normal to casual, and then rename Mommy to Normal, and then make an even more ridiculously hard mode and call it Mommy.

yes, the game got too easy I had to use "import setting" to set all my stats and my troops' stats to zero but it's still too easy!  :mrgreen:

Make something between normal and mommy. Never tried casual mode, but on normal things are pretty easy. I am a brigand and now I got cca 150k dinars after 150 days of playing. Lord parties are weak and once i've beaten both King Harlaus and one of his vassals at the same time. After inspecting their troops I found out that they hadall troops on peasant levy level. One more thing ... it's very rare to see lords conduct siege, they only limit themselves to burning and pillaging enemy territory. I've started with normal because the aleph's, but now I see that mommy is the right choice.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom