Normal damage/ realistic walkthrough

Users who are viewing this thread

It works like a charm if you tell the one with more like support/less enemies to shut up and persuade the other one every now and then.
So keep a good persuasion skill and save every now and then and you´re on the secure side.

What if Leth is constantly out training your CKO? In my latest game I was thinking of hiring Ediz since Leth will be gone for the foreseeable future but I wasn't sure if the dislikes will still trip even if he's not there.

Montague said:
What if Leth is constantly out training your CKO? In my latest game I was thinking of hiring Ediz since Leth will be gone for the foreseeable future but I wasn't sure if the dislikes will still trip even if he's not there.

No one minds if someone is training your CKO. I have not had any problems.

Training the CKO counts as not being in the party just like any other companion mission. So like/dislike effects wont be applied for the duration of his absence.

I had a similar build, except that at character creation, I choose:

Male, Mysterious, Merchant, Squire, and Forced Out. This gives you more in Int, and you only need to put 2 points into Agility to make all your stats the same (after taking into account Achievement bonuses). You need more Elixers to get to 30 in all stats, but you'll have more skill points since you'll be putting more into Int.

I recommend taking First Aid as a self skill. 10+4 First Aid returns 80% of your health to you and your companions after every battle. It gives you an amazing amount of stamina in a fight as long as you're not knocked out (I have Ansen with 10 First Aid for a backup, which gives you back 60% of your health).

I also tend to max out Weapon Master. Even though you can still increase beyond the limits, it goes much slower if you do, and with 10 in WM, you can easily get 500+ in weapon proficiencies.

Playing with a female character (which starts at 5 not 6 str at the very very beginning before even allocating your initial statpoints) and going 100% int from the very start is a really amusing way to play :smile:

After the first qualis potion, I have 7 strength, so I can barely beat out Ansen (who, unlucky chap, only levels due to Training, but will be an INT powerhouse). Between me and Ansen we should have all the party skills covered. Am going to have most companions at only 12 STR/AGI and as much INT as well, mainly for training.

I always play female, go int then cha (until I can max leadership to 10)...and exchange all qualis gems for the elixier....

It makes for very challenging fights, where you try to be as helpful as possible, and the first time you can start using better weapons...it's like a dream!
It's really good training as a player.

It's less about powerplay, it's just that I hate grinding for denars (because of low leadership) when I start building armies, and not having enough inv mngment to have enough food. And yes, I hate relying on my "vassals" as well, so I usually wage a 2-front war (me and my marshall's duck train).
Engineer less than 10 is also hugely annoying, considering the ridiculous game mechanics about tower sieging.

In truth, all high int and skills and leadership only start working until mid-game, when I actually start building an army and get my 1st fief.
The most painful thing is just missing out on tournaments until you can get decent Power Strike (to make a win actually possible).
Oh, and of 3 playthroughs...I married only once (Leth)...it seems I could never decide which of the scumbugs gets to marry my story heroine hahaha.

I have my fun though...

zykox said:
I always play female, go int then cha (until I can max leadership to 10)...and exchange all qualis gems for the elixier....

It makes for very challenging fights, where you try to be as helpful as possible, and the first time you can start using better weapons...it's like a dream!
It's really good training as a player.

It's less about powerplay, it's just that I hate grinding for denars (because of low leadership) when I start building armies, and not having enough inv mngment to have enough food. And yes, I hate relying on my "vassals" as well, so I usually wage a 2-front war (me and my marshall's duck train).
Engineer less than 10 is also hugely annoying, considering the ridiculous game mechanics about tower sieging.

In truth, all high int and skills and leadership only start working until mid-game, when I actually start building an army and get my 1st fief.
The most painful thing is just missing out on tournaments until you can get decent Power Strike (to make a win actually possible).
Oh, and of 3 playthroughs...I married only once (Leth)...it seems I could never decide which of the scumbugs gets to marry my story heroine hahaha.

I have my fun though...

exactly the way i play all my female chars. all widows and virgins. :smile:)

zykox said:

I have my fun though...

No elixirs and STR/AGI only, is the fun way :smile:

spoiler]

Naah, never trust a "party medic"...they get ko'ed and then you're in trouble.

I can rake in elite kills starting ps 5, and once I can get my hands on a noldor bow, I can help out enough during battle.
Before that, I just focus on distracting enemies, targeting weaker ones...or simply crouch the same damn archer twice.

Oh, and Weapon Master? What a waste! I never put any points in it (starting 1 + book). No pts into shield kinda hurt...next time I'll have a few.
2h my favorite for tournaments, lance my usual wpn for fields...and of course bow in sieges or when I'm badly hurt.

http://i.imgur.com/0midCDR.jpg

Ivor said:
Meh horse archer play throughs are boring

If you were referring to me...no, it's not horse archer. Like I said, I use the lance on the field. I take out my bow from the stash, when I'm at 20% health.
Don't tell you me you keep rushing to the front until you have the "fun" of auto-calculating the remaining 3-5 waves.

And until you get to PD 6 and get a noldor bow, any horse archery is pretty senseless. It took me some time to get to STR 18, thinking that I started with STR 9.
Horse Archery boring?
Did it once in native...yes, it was boring. But is it really that boring/easy in PoP? I don't really think so...I had to have pts in horse archery, because if you stand still, you're a sitting duck and with all the masses of Jatu, Mounted Rangers and Empire Knights I'd be quite surprised if you can still be a good horse archer.

Not saying it's easier, but I got more kills with my lance on PS 6 than with a noldor bow on PD 6.
Before PD 6 I didn't even use any bow (since it's nigh impossible to kill knights with a D'shar bow).
to IVOR
I'm curious, how do you play your char? (I'm not going to judge or anything, just curious)

The very way archery and horse archery is implemented in MnB ensures that playing a horsearcher is the easiest possible way to play this game.
If you enjoy it, great for you. But if you want something interesting or demanding, try something else and more difficult to play.

Horse archery is definetly the easiest and least challenging way to play this game du to the way archery is implemented in Mount and Blade.
Wether or not you enjoy it is a personal preference.

Never actually tried archery, the most is spamming bolts from a Maiden Crossbow or throwing javelins. Not that it hurts anyone, but the whole AI shield wall turns around to defend themselves and then: a) my archers/crossbowmen shoot them in the back or b) my horse hit them from behind, and basically kill them with minimal resistance.

Though it wouldn't be bad to have the ability to break shields or kill horses with arrows, I guess. The mounted crossbows are both slow and low damage relative to high PD noldor or other even more special bows.

So get a real crossbow and enjoy the smashing of shields. And yes, you can even fire the Siege Crossbow from horseback, though only once as you can´t reload it on horseback.

noosers said:
So get a real crossbow and enjoy the smashing of shields. And yes, you can even fire the Siege Crossbow from horseback, though only once as you can´t reload it on horseback.
Yeah I know. But the character only has 7 STR, so it can't use any of those haha. But having a lot of fun with this, my archer+cavalry composition is pretty effective against what I've been fighting thus far.

I got to experience melting shield wall formations with my uber footarcher CKO, but it was pointless by then because the enemy would've died to regular troops anyway. But you know, just a little fun.

Back
Top Bottom