No voice communication in game

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't see a single reason why there shouldn't be an integrated VOIP as soon as it can be developed? If you don't like/want other people using the voice function, well obviously there's going to be a mute function(individual+blanket), and/or a "Voice Volume" slider. What do some of you care if other people talk to each other?

I've always liked to play on dedicated servers where you can get a pretty good community. Voice comm would be a nice addition for me for those servers.

Personally I would also like the voice chat to have a distance fade to it, or at least have that option when i only want to talk to people near me.

578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:
BNS Marko said:
Even the possibility of such an implementation would be of great benefit to PW-like mods.
It wouldn’t. People who wish to communicate over voice chat join clans, who have teamspeaks. Those who do not have interest in this don’t, hence why they are public players. They have no interest in such a thing. If you want to be in a small group of friends, you usually have a teamspeak for that as well.

578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:
I still don’t see the point to this. Just go on discord or teamspeak, the former is literally free.

Now you just talk ****. It has been explained numerous times that strangers want to play solo and still win. Voice mic is essential. I am not going to add individually every stranger I meet to discord. Is that really hard to understand?
If somebody isn’t worth adding they aren’t worth talking to. If you want to play solo that’s fine, just don’t expect to communicate with others. This is the point of joining a group. You can have voice chat if you wish just have fun trying to talk over the 100 other people trying to talk over you. Have fun taking time to mute the screaming trolls. Is it really that hard to understand?

No, sorry, you are wrong. Voice comms are essential for any game that wants to be competitive and should not be dragged down by casuals like you or single player fans who just play half hour per day. Mute all button is fine, if you don't want to use it do not play multiplayer. Screaming trolls can be muted, if you're sensitive there are other games that are not so team based that would fit you fine.
I have led groups of 50-60 people on PW, so I don’t need some irrelevant telling me that voice comms are essential. What’s also essential is keeping said comms disciplined, which is completely unenforceable in game, unless you have the ability to ban people. You can mute them, you’re just going to have to keep taking time out of your game to mute people though. You could mute everybody then I mute your friends, but at that point it’s just simpler to have a discord. I suppose for the skirmish system if you are just joining a game without friends it could work, but for large scale battles it would be a disaster.

[SOTR] Roy said:
578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:
BNS Marko said:
Even the possibility of such an implementation would be of great benefit to PW-like mods.
It wouldn’t. People who wish to communicate over voice chat join clans, who have teamspeaks. Those who do not have interest in this don’t, hence why they are public players. They have no interest in such a thing. If you want to be in a small group of friends, you usually have a teamspeak for that as well.

578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:
I still don’t see the point to this. Just go on discord or teamspeak, the former is literally free.

Now you just talk ****. It has been explained numerous times that strangers want to play solo and still win. Voice mic is essential. I am not going to add individually every stranger I meet to discord. Is that really hard to understand?
If somebody isn’t worth adding they aren’t worth talking to. If you want to play solo that’s fine, just don’t expect to communicate with others. This is the point of joining a group. You can have voice chat if you wish just have fun trying to talk over the 100 other people trying to talk over you. Have fun taking time to mute the screaming trolls. Is it really that hard to understand?

No, sorry, you are wrong. Voice comms are essential for any game that wants to be competitive and should not be dragged down by casuals like you or single player fans who just play half hour per day. Mute all button is fine, if you don't want to use it do not play multiplayer. Screaming trolls can be muted, if you're sensitive there are other games that are not so team based that would fit you fine.
I have led groups of 50-60 people on PW, so I don’t need some irrelevant telling me that voice comms are essential. What’s also essential is keeping said comms disciplined, which is completely unenforceable in game, unless you have the ability to ban people. You can mute them, you’re just going to have to keep taking time out of your game to mute people though. You could mute everybody then I mute your friends, but at that point it’s just simpler to have a discord. I suppose for the skirmish system if you are just joining a game without friends it could work, but for large scale battles it would be a disaster.

Nobody cares about PW, leading 50 players in a zerging mod that individual skill plays a smaller lore due to the chaos going on does not make you significant. Nor is PW competitive, it's a fun mod and that's the end of it. Having third party programs for voice comms is not more simple, it's extra bloatware. I'd rather have voice comms in the game that I can use to communicate with strangers instead of handing out invites so we can enjoy the game without everyone doing his thing individually and ultimately failing.

I have to agree that for large scale things like regiment or events a third party software like discord or teamspeak would be required. You can yell all you want in a server but its hard to enforce discipline ingame then in teamspeak.
Unless bannerlord decides to implement a similar concept then teamspeak or discord with priority speakers, global mutes or any of the things that a program that is meant to be for voice communication it's pretty fair to say regiments and clans will still be using other programs to communicate.

578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:
578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:
BNS Marko said:

578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:

Nobody cares about PW, leading 50 players in a zerging mod that individual skill plays a smaller lore due to the chaos going on does not make you significant. Nor is PW competitive, it's a fun mod and that's the end of it. Having third party programs for voice comms is not more simple, it's extra bloatware. I'd rather have voice comms in the game that I can use to communicate with strangers instead of handing out invites so we can enjoy the game without everyone doing his thing individually and ultimately failing.
You’re completely wrong and/or delusional on your assessment of PW. It is quite competitive and you either haven’t played in years or just are bad at it to recognize what it is. Perhaps it is not “competitive” in the aspect that the players are extremely skilled, but it is competitive in the aspect of winning battles over other groups of people. And again, communicating with strangers has its benefits in the skirmish mode but in a 100 v 100 siege it is untenable.

Younes123 said:
I have to agree that for large scale things like regiment or events a third party software like discord or teamspeak would be required. You can yell all you want in a server but its hard to enforce discipline ingame then in teamspeak.
Unless bannerlord decides to implement a similar concept then teamspeak or discord with priority speakers, global mutes or any of the things that a program that is meant to be for voice communication it's pretty fair to say regiments and clans will still be using other programs to communicate.
Exactly.

In-game voice chat with proximity volume and option to turn off for those who don't want it would be ideal for me, i always disliked using third party software like teamspeak or discord while playing but games that do have proximity voice chat i like, it's just better when it's implemented in-game than just for your closed group on discord.

People spamming or playing music to annoy the others are easy to deal with, just mute them or report their behavior.

As the communities of Warband and Holdfast probably overlap to quite some extent, I think it's very useful to look at its voip "etiquette".

There are so many people screaming nonsense, insulting others, or playing some awful music, that even though, yes, I can mute them all, this literally takes so much time that I sometimes feel it's all I do in a round. I have to constantly interrupt actually playing the game to mute the next person, that I'm taken out of the game over and over again, and it ruins the experience. Which is a shame, as it's an otherwise very nice game, and voip can be used very usefully and immersively. It just generally isn't.

In gamemodes with fewer players per side, I'll expect this problem to be much milder, with just the occasional annoyance, but in a mode with a large number of players (and we're crossing our fingers for those, aren't we?), I'm afraid the situation would be as in Holdfast.

I have stated numerous times that I talk about the COMPETITIVE modes. Which is skirmish and battle. Skirmish officially, battle - probably - unofficially. I dont care how Siege mode implements voip since it's a rather meaningless zerg mode that we will never see played on twitch for example. Casual modes can do without voip. Competitive modes, in 2019, do not.

but it is competitive in the aspect of winning battles over other groups of people.

Just like every game with big battles, lmao.

[SOTR] Roy said:
Think about being in the plane in pubg. All it was is screaming and North Korean propaganda music. Do we want that for warband?

Yes, we want that. You can use the mute button or disable voice chat.

Skirmish it is fine. Battle it would be disastrous. With that many people (let’s say 50, even though you will have much more), 20 will be serious players, 15 wont know what they’re doing because they just bought the game, rest will be screaching trolls which will piss new players off and make them not like the game. You can mute everybody, but it defeats the purpose. You can keep muting trolls, but then you will keep having to do this for the new trolls that join, taking ever more time out of your day.

Ok so then we are in agreement that pw is competitive, even though before you said it wasn’t.

[SOTR] Roy said:
Skirmish it is fine. Battle it would be disastrous. With that many people (let’s say 50, even though you will have much more), 20 will be serious players, 15 wont know what they’re doing because they just bought the game, rest will be screaching trolls which will piss new players off and make them not like the game. You can mute everybody, but it defeats the purpose. You can keep muting trolls, but then you will keep having to do this for the new trolls that join, taking ever more time out of your day.

Ok so then we are in agreement that pw is competitive, even though before you said it wasn’t.

Competitive battle implies that 6v6 or 8v8 will be the normal, where mechanics and skill outperform numbers in massive scale. PW is not competitive in the sense of esports that Bannerlord tries to go for. It's competitive as any other pvp game.

578 said:
Having third party programs for voice comms is not more simple, it's extra bloatware. I'd rather have voice comms in the game that I can use to communicate with strangers instead of handing out invites so we can enjoy the game without everyone doing his thing individually and ultimately failing.

579 wins
Flawless victory
Fatality

578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:

Competitive battle implies that 6v6 or 8v8 will be the normal, where mechanics and skill outperform numbers in massive scale. PW is not competitive in the sense of esports that Bannerlord tries to go for. It's competitive as any other pvp game.
Okay, your point? I said for skirmish it would work. You mentioned battle as well, which would be terrible for this system.

[SOTR] Roy said:
578 said:
[SOTR] Roy said:

Okay, your point? I said for skirmish it would work. You mentioned battle as well, which would be terrible for this system.

What is the difference between the 2 modes when they are both small scale?

[SOTR] Roy said:
But battle isn’t limited to low sizes. Battle can be as many as a server can hold, whereas skirmish is limited.

Competitive implies 6v6 or 8v8 would be the normal. I have said it before, it's almost like you selectively forget certain parts of my posts lol.

in game chat usually sucks but as long as there is a mute all button so i don't have to listen to people acting like idiots or blasting terrible music im okay with it (as long as we get some other form of communication like pings etc)
From my experience in games like dota, overwatch, cgso etc voice chat is usually just used to shout insults at anyone who died or didn't clutch or do exactly as some random player wanted them to do :p or people turn into utter thirsty plebs if a feminine voice is heard

Back
Top Bottom