Resolved No Terms of Peace Settlements Given

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:The UI for resolving Peace decisions is faulty in that it doesn't give the player any information about the terms - neither who pays, or how much.
This information needs to be available to the player!
How to Reproduce: Run ANY war until one side wants peace.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no, not ever
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Wait, so you dont get prior to peace offer when you examine the window in the kingdome menu x% intrest in peace, and how much tribute they are willing to pay or your faction is willing to pay?

In my during war you'll see those things, which it seems like you are asking for.
So if the case that the information you are requisting isnt showing, then yes you are bugged, you should prolly upload a savegame.

Judgeing by the pics I looked at atleast from what you say and what shows there, there is something lacking from how its on my end.
Besides uploading the savefile so they can examine what is wrong - you could also try to verify the files etc, maybe a file is glitched etc etc.

I'm talking about the everlasting VOTE NOW issues that interrupt your game. What you see in my screenshots is what you'll see when you respond to the message. There is no indication of what the terms of peace are. This is a UI issue.

It's possible that the problem only shows in cases like the one shown, where my lords are petitioning to make terms because we have THREE wars AGAIN. Since another faction will declare war on me a few days after this peace, I will soon have another case of "peace-at-any-price-but-we-won't-tell-you-the-price-because-you're-not-entitled-to-know."

I'm talking about the everlasting VOTE NOW issues that interrupt your game. What you see in my screenshots is what you'll see when you respond to the message. There is no indication of what the terms of peace are. This is a UI issue.

It's possible that the problem only shows in cases like the one shown, where my lords are petitioning to make terms because we have THREE wars AGAIN. Since another faction will declare war on me a few days after this peace, I will soon have another case of "peace-at-any-price-but-we-won't-tell-you-the-price-because-you're-not-entitled-to-know."

Well that's just a pop-up to tell you there is a peace-offer on the table yah, but as you say it dont tell you what the offer is(and tbh thats fine by me).
Cause within 48hrs it will go to a vote, or you can click the pop-up and you go to the vote-screen where the terms are atleast on my end laid out with how much tribute etc.
But have this ever been done, where it shows what they are offering, I have no recollection of that(maybe its one of the details I dont see, as I generally struggle with the issue of too little to no peace :razz:)

I typically have to force peace at times, by being speculative(read influence drain the kingdome, then they cant oppose my vote for peace etc)..

That said now I get it what your talking about looking at the pics and with your explanations.
Blind offer for peace, as it dont show, and in this case it ends up with your faction(Khuzait?) paying Aserai 2000 denars pr turn.
So yah thats an UI issue, I dont recall running into this specific (could it be cause it looks like you are the leader of the faction, and I'm generally vassal(at the time the kings typically die I'm "fed up with 20+ yrs of non-stop wars which tanks the fun, need a breather more often when there is constant war and nothing else its not "fun"(I think it also in my observations typically leads to the demise of a few factions within 10 yrs in my plays unless I go out of my way to "help'em out"(even if I'm not part of them, like rescue lords from prison, donateing denars etc).

Tributes are not a must, sometimes peace comes without any side paying. Tribute price is otherwise shown in courier message.

Back
Top Bottom