No Onyx Order?

Users who are viewing this thread

alhoon

Regular
Those guys were so cool... the Best of the Best. I miss them very much. Rodocks are... well, I never liked them. 

Please Chel, could you give us back the might of the Onyx Order? You know, at least the Destroyers and the Templars. The OMG!-troops. Give them to the Rhodocks if you have, although I prefered the version where the Rhodocks were just a wandering faction.

Also... Where is Ramun? I would like to embark in my quest for Immortality but I can't find him.  :sad: I have heard his hidden in some tavern somewhere in the new version.

NOTE: Is the game more difficult than EGII or I'm increadibly rusty? I remember that in the 1.003 native I could cleave a path through enemies easily before I got bored with it (because it wasn't EG!). Now... now I get my butt handed to me too often, even at 78% difficulty!
As I usually do, I play with a nerfed-down ironclad. (just 120 strength, 40 agility, just 270s in the weapons I use.  :mrgreen:) OK, I can beat a lot of the bear clan. And the new white bandits also fall like ... well, like white bandits vs ironclads in EGII!
But I can't, for the life of me defeat the fallen ones. I mean, come on! I'm an Uber-character with elite stats and equipment. And I can't defeat in single combat 2 fallen ones?!

NOTE2: Wow, the new fallen ones are cool. Although they're partially invisible with this cloud of something and their just helm and weapon. I miss them quite often.

The Onyx Brotherhood will be added in a later version with the story/main quest line, which will be more like a continuation of EGII quest for immortality.

They will be awesome.
clipboard02gu9.jpg

Wow, looks sweet! I've never fought an Onyx before... (it's my first time playing EG)

Can't wait to test my blade against one of those!  :razz:

Lord Sami said:
Wow, looks sweet! I've never fought an Onyx before... (it's my first time playing EG)

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

The second sentence is the proof that the first sentence is true.

Onyx templars are the stuff of nightmares. They were more difficult to beat than the fallen ones or the sisters.
Onyx Veteran templars... well, my nightmares cannot get that bad.
I have managed to take down 2-3 in all of my EG II games and all with characters of 20+ level (And with assistance).

Once, a 3 templars and 1 veteran templar took down my army of 20-25 mid tier Vaegir soldiers, my around 10 level char and that dark skinned tough NPC with the cool armor. What was his name?

Chel: Rubbing my hands in glee... waiting for the full version.
What else is missing? I noticed that Ramun didn't give me the immortality quest.  :sad:

I enjoy the mod a lot, but to me it's something like foreplay without the Onyx and the immortality quest.

I take it they're off the list as a main faction, since we've got 5 great ones? That's for the best IMO, the Onyx Bros. should be like the Bear Clan and be in big dangerous armies which hate everyone equally. What fun is a nihilistic cult of destruction if it's not equal-opportunity? :smile:

Meh. The problem is that after a while, autocalc would shrivel them down to a few soldiers. Granted, it doesn't happen as rapidly with large numbers of soldiers, but it will happen.

Sibilance said:
I take it they're off the list as a main faction, since we've got 5 great ones? That's for the best IMO, the Onyx Bros. should be like the Bear Clan and be in big dangerous armies which hate everyone equally. What fun is a nihilistic cult of destruction if it's not equal-opportunity? :smile:
In EG2 they replaced the Rhodok, they might do the same in EG3 (I hope they do)

alhoon said:
Lord Sami said:

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

The second sentence is the proof that the first sentence is true.

Very true. Blades and any weapon with cutting damage were totally useless against Onix Templars. And I loved their huge no-dachi-like piercing swords

Anyone missing the Saracens? I didn't see those in 0.94. They aren't as strong as the Brotherhood, the Sisters or the Fallen Ones, but they come in ridiculous numbers.

Lord Sami: Don't worry about the Saracens and the sisters yet.
You cannot imagine how cool this mod will become if everything from EGII is incorporated.  :wink:

In the EGII backstory:
The Onyx were an order of warriors from the Swadian Empire that conquered the Rhodok lands and then seceeded from the Swadians to form their own faction. Their most fearsome unit: The Templars. (check the guy in Chel's pic) They were impressive bad-@$$ knights with thick armor and lances. For close-and-dirty combat, they had a strange sword that was able to penetrate armor (i.e did piercing damage). It was the best weapon in the game IMO.
They were in the Game as a Super-faction, either to provide a great challenge for the player or for the player to ally with them and trample over the other faction ruins.

The Rhodoks were not a faction, but wandering groups of refugees... until a time (in game, after a couple of months) that they rise up against the Onyx brotherhood. Then you could see groups of Goliaths wandering about and picking fights with the Onyx. The Goliath had the toughest armor in the Game if I recall correctly.

The Sisters of Light were a band of Rhodok women (minor faction) that resisted the Onyx rule. Their low tier units were extremely-easy-to-beat women. They progressed to become powerful women-warriors that could shame the Swadian knights. You did a quest for them and then at random intervals they were joining you. The quest? Kill a templar and get his sword...  :???: Since you could capture women and train them to become sisters of light or free them from templar prison trains I believe it wasn't worth it. The sword was extremely rare and very, very good to throw away.
Note that in the EGII you could get from Ramun 2 types of soldiers that you equipped yourself. So once I got my hands on the templar's sword...  :twisted: Dozens of soldiers, quite cheap in wages. wielding the most fearsome weapon in the game.

As for the Saracen Horde: In the previous game, your main quest was to become immortal. Just a handfull of people have managed that without cheating. In order to join the other 4 immortals you had to bring Ramun the 9 books of life. Each major faction had one book. You had to beat large armies of them to get their book. The "tough" minor factions had the other books and you could get some (randomly) from a quest. Once you were immortal you could not be killed in battle.
The Saracen horde held one such book. You had to beat 600 of them to get it. :smile:

impressed so far? I haven't told you even the half of the features of EG II. It made Native seem a bland echo of what M&Blade should be.
I left out the trophies, the impressive northern armies, the NPCs, the sailors, the real story of the fallen ones, what you did once you were killed in battle, the talismans&charms, the age of illumination and more.

Man, I now realized how much I miss the full version of EG :cry: :cry:

alhoon said:
As for the Saracen Horde: In the previous game, your main quest was to become immortal. Just a handfull of people have managed that without cheating. In order to join the other 4 immortals you had to bring Ramun the 9 books of life. Each major faction had one book. You had to beat large armies of them to get their book. The "tough" minor factions had the other books and you could get some (randomly) from a quest. Once you were immortal you could not be killed in battle.
The Saracen horde held one such book. You had to beat 600 of them to get it. :smile:
And 600 Saracens were much harder then 600 Bears due to the fact that ~90% of the Horde were fast and furious cavalry. There was no way to beat them on foot in open field. I managed to beat horde with my footmen army of Nords only once by luring them into mountains.

Another minor faction was Northerners - wandering nomads of North. Their infantry was good in melee and archery and their Warlords of the North were one of the best cavalry in mod. They've had huge double axes and were able to 1-shot-kill most of units while riding at full speed.

Man, I now realized how much I miss the full version of EG :cry: :cry:
The addiction coming soon  :grin:

Tamerlan said:
their Warlords of the North were one of the best cavalry in mod. They've had huge double axes and were able to 1-shot-kill most of units while riding at full speed.

Oh god, I still remember the 1st time I saw those guys. Just imagine, I had the music of Gladiator in the background.(this beginning, tension). There was little fog (like the movie), and I couldn't see my enemies. Then, I saw the riders, just their silhouettes, with their huge helmets with horns and their axes, coming to the top of a little hill. They stopped, waiting for the infantery: they were coming from a little forest (like the movie again :lol:) . Ohhh ****, I'm ****ed. The next thing I remember is one of those guys riding really fast and killing one of my guys: one hit. My soldier didn't even have time to raise his weapon nor shield. With the effect of the blood, it looked like slow motion.
Gooood times.  :grin:

When they were available, I was allying with them.  :lol: And I was rescuing them all the time. They had the most impressive look, although I disagree they were the best cavalry in the game.
I believe they were the most effective cavalry for their cost though. Unless you could support 20 templars, these guys were just sweet to have handy. They did quite good in sieges too.

Chel... my Sig may remind you of something... in fact I made it from the Onyx you so kindly provided here. Is that OK? If not, I'll delete it.

This is first time i play EG.

But i started at EG III. But would it be better to start at EGII or something?
Just wondering if it would give me any experience to play the older version?  :???:

Well now ive been playing the EGIII for like a week i think.
And this onxy brotherhood your talking about? Can't find any :s
Are they in EGIII or only EGII?  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom