Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.0.3.9055
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary:

Hello, it appears that bannerlord isn't using my gpu.
i've tried setting the correct gpu to use via the in-game menu but after having restarted the game, and checked that my settings were untouched the problem still persists.
then i tried to solve the problem by going to the windows graphic performance preference and set the game to use my gpu with the high performance setting enabled.
i ran the game and the problem persisted.
so i tried fixing the problem via the Nvidia control panel, still the problem persisted.

i apologize for my english, as i am not a native speaker, and when it comes to these things i struggle to find the mor precise and tecnical words, so i might take some times with the replies.

How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
GPU: Driver Version:31.0.15.1694
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
RAM: 8,00 GB
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTERS INC. H110M-K
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB

Could you try manually switching the graphics_adapter = 0 setting to 1 in the engine_config.txt file located under the configs file of the games documents folder?

Could you try manually switching the graphics_adapter = 0 setting to 1 in the engine_config.txt file located under the configs file of the games documents folder?
it started using the wrong gpu, in the in game menu also was displayerd the wrong gpu, swapped it back to the right one via the ing game menu, then i checked the engine_config.txt and it was back to 0

(the wrong being the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 and the right being the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti)

one thing that i noticed is that my gpu usage hovers between 0% and 6% while both in game and out. in game i do have decent fps, but with graphic setting at the minimum possible and with my cpu usage between 90% and 100% getting frequent lag spikes. also unit models take a long time to load, especially in tourneaments, where i often get hit by an invisible enemy as his model have yet to be loaded.

so what, you get 1 fps and use igpu? is the display cable connected to your motherboard?
This isnt a game problem, its a your pc problem
i see what i can do, sadly when it comes to put my hands on the actual hardware i'm a bit lost but i'll figure something out.

also i might be wrong but if the gpu is not connected properly i shouldn't be able to see it in my windows device manager.

Last edited:
i see what i can do, sadly when it comes to put my hands on the actual hardware i'm a bit lost but i'll figure something out.

also i might be wrong but if the gpu is not connected properly i shouldn't be able to see it in my windows device manager.
the gpu can be connected properly, just that the monitor display cable plugged in wrong.

however this would be very obvious, not only in bannerlord but every game, you'd get very badly unplayable fps?

the gpu can be connected properly, just that the monitor display cable plugged in wrong.

however this would be very obvious, not only in bannerlord but every game, you'd get very badly unplayable fps?
i checked my monitor cable and it is plugged correctly into the gpu. generally speaking i have problems with very heavy games, like victoria 3, cities:skylines and of corse bannerlord, but i get a good framerate by lowering the graphic settings in theese games, and in the case of bannerlord specifically by lowering the amount of units spawned in simulations. however i have a second monitor, and that is plugged into the vga port of the motherboard, i did a test by disconnecting it and run bannerlord without the second monitor but i didn't get better results.

i checked my monitor cable and it is plugged correctly into the gpu. generally speaking i have problems with very heavy games, like victoria 3, cities:skylines and of corse bannerlord, but i get a good framerate by lowering the graphic settings in theese games, and in the case of bannerlord specifically by lowering the amount of units spawned in simulations. however i have a second monitor, and that is plugged into the vga port of the motherboard, i did a test by disconnecting it and run bannerlord without the second monitor but i didn't get better results.

I thought I replied previously- must have not posted, but I very much assume there is nothing wrong with the gpu being used, the pc is using the correct one (what are you basing that it's not using it on, Windows Task Manager? that's not accurate) and your only problem is that the CPU is simply not enough. It is just a dual core, almost obsolete this day and age really. Not powerful enough, it is below the minimum requirments for Bannerlord. Also those other games you mentioned, they are both CPU intensive and not graphically demanding, same as Bannerlord.

So that's 99% your "problem" unfortunatly cant do anything else than upgrading you pc. This also goes in line with what you say: low gpu usage (because limited by cpu) and you benefit from lower troop counts. Although again, don't trust Task Manager if that is what you're basing the gpu usage on.

On top of that, you have little ram (8gb is below average nowadays) and that also matters- it should be enough for Bannerlord only, but it's not if you have background programs open, or even just some google chrome tabs on the second monitor. It is also not enough for "cities skylines" from what I know.

Back
Top Bottom