No baby after 5 in game years of marriage

Users who are viewing this thread

agnardavid

Recruit
Basically what the title says, my character is now 44 years old, the spouse is 24 years old and still no baby, I keep her in my party. Any idea what the issue might be?

Depending on the version, there is a possibility of your spouse being infertile and infertile characters cannot produce offsprings.
Another possibility is that, if your character is the woman and aged 39 years old when married, the chance of getting pregnant is also very slim.

Depending on the version, there is a possibility of your spouse being infertile and infertile characters cannot produce offsprings.
Another possibility is that, if your character is the woman and aged 39 years old when married, the chance of getting pregnant is also very slim.
How much exactly does the daily % chance drop off each year for female MC and does number of children after 2 also reduce it?
I've been trying to make as many as I can in my current game and I've made 21 by age 42 with 1 in the oven.

Basically what the title says, my character is now 44 years old, the spouse is 24 years old and still no baby, I keep her in my party. Any idea what the issue might be?
Just in case, you do have to wait in a settlement to trigger the daily pregnancy chance in all recent versions. In early versions you get preggers wherever, whenever, but now you must wait in a settlement..

Last edited:
I found out, that when your spouse is in your party, and you are not in an army, and waiting in a town, she gets pregnant like in 1 or 2 days waiting.....

Currently, the daily chance of pregnancy decreases by 0.46% by every age from an initial 13% and 0% from age 45. However, if you are not in the same settlement with your spouse, it decreased by a factor of 5 as well. Meaning a %2.6 chance of daily pregnancy for an 18-year-old female character. That's why staying in a town with your spouse makes them pregnant more often.

Just in case, you do have to wait in a settlement to trigger the daily pregnancy chance in all recent versions. In early versions you get preggers wherever, whenever, but now you must wait in a settlement..
[/QUOTE]

That did it, thank you so much, I was following the instructions of early versions, staying in a settlement for a day did the job.

Came here for checking and if its true, it sucks just like smithings stamina recover that only happens if waiting around somewhere.
Guess i have to wait for mods to become stable again.

Came here for checking and if its true, it sucks just like smithings stamina recover that only happens if waiting around somewhere.
Guess i have to wait for mods to become stable again.
What you can do is save your game and wait for a few days. If no baby then re-load and do it again. It's just a daily tick chance so it doesn't matter how many days you wait. If you have no kids it's usually pretty fast to get preggers. After 2 it can take more tries.

Currently, the daily chance of pregnancy decreases by 0.46% by every age from an initial 13% and 0% from age 45. However, if you are not in the same settlement with your spouse, it decreased by a factor of 5 as well. Meaning a %2.6 chance of daily pregnancy for an 18-year-old female character. That's why staying in a town with your spouse makes them pregnant more often.
Thanks for the info! I've never got the pregnancy message when not waiting in recent builds, but I basically wait and get pregnant ASAP after each birth, so not not much chance for it I suppose.

That did it, thank you so much, I was following the instructions of early versions, staying in a settlement for a day did the job.
I'm glad it work out! :smile:

What you can do is save your game and wait for a few days. If no baby then re-load and do it again. It's just a daily tick chance so it doesn't matter how many days you wait. If you have no kids it's usually pretty fast to get preggers. After 2 it can take more tries.

Thanks for the info! I've never got the pregnancy message when not waiting in recent builds, but I basically wait and get pregnant ASAP after each birth, so not not much chance for it I suppose.

I'm glad it work out! :smile:
Save scumming to marry, then to get children.
An integral part of gaming since ever.

That brings up an entire series of other things.
Like can the player be infertil as either gender (i guess so, but would be kind of mean).
Is that rolled each save/day until it once hits yes, at the beginning of each match or even fixed (guess on 2).

If no you'd only need to marry the one you want and if infertil kill off and remarry or reload.

If you have the save file for this occasion, can you send it to us?
This way, we can reproduce the issue.
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please put this threads URL into the description field so that we can find it easier.

It kinda nags at me that playing as a female character puts you on a biological clock from the moment you start the game, before you even have time to establish yourself as someone that would be considered suitable for marriage. All those precious birthing years, just gone with the wind. The game needs a main quest and a rigid character creation system like it needs a third nipple.

I also wonder for how long I'm going to be called "brother" by Nobby, who always has the same face for some reason, in the tutorial dialogue.

It kinda nags at me that playing as a female character puts you on a biological clock from the moment you start the game
Yeah I'd like to start the game a lot younger, but I made 21 babies as a female MC... that's pretty good and I had one in the oven too, but had to let that game to change to new versions :smile: I think I was only 42 too, so could made a few more if I tried hard enough.

That brings up an entire series of other things.
Like can the player be infertil as either gender (i guess so, but would be kind of mean).
Is that rolled each save/day until it once hits yes, at the beginning of each match or even fixed (guess on 2).

If no you'd only need to marry the one you want and if infertil kill off and remarry or reload.
Man maybe my wife is infertile or I am because I save scummed the **** out of it and no baby.

Back
Top Bottom