Nice Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Just checking in to say what a cool game this is. It seems that ultimately it could turn in to a medival Jagged Alliance with real time combat. That would be almost too good to be true.

No. It's one of the best turn-based tactical rpg:s ever made. In fact, one of the best games ever made for anything. JA2 is of course the best atm(until JA3 comes out).

BM

thanx Armagan for great game - some times ithought ive play Darklands 2 :lol:
the game certainlyworth 11$ (and probably more) :wink:

Don't get so excited for JA3, Bluesman. It was going to be a real time with pause game, until about last week (deep into development). Then, the publisher realized how horrible it would be, and forced the developer to switch back to turn-based. So now we've got a game that's making huge changes far into development and a dev team that doesn't like those changes.

Doesn't look good for JA3.

Aha. I heard about the first changes but i thought they were developing two different games (JA3d and JA3).

Otoh there's a spiritual successor, namelly Silent Storm. My hope is that those guys do a more real successor to JA3. They certainly seem capable of it. After all they already are working with some former JA devs :smile:.

BM

New game coming out by the Silent Storm guys called Sickle and Hammer. Same sort of feel, only fast forwarding to the cold war. It's already out in Russia, but games seem to take forever to reach the US from there.

And I do believe a Silent Storm 2 is in the works.

SHame about JA3, pausable real time isnt bad. It worked in X-com apocolypse and Freedom Force. Didnt work quite as well in Fallout:Tactics.

Silent Storm, otoh, I didnt like. Great engine in search of a game.

Back
Top Bottom