Newly created castle has a problem - attackers never climb ladders

Users who are viewing this thread

Wraithling

Regular
Good day to you, and thanks for reading my problem, regardless of whether you're able to help me or not!  :wink:

So I'm this total newbie who went bollocks and created his new castle to play-test with. After few hours of reading tutorials and molding my castle, it is finally ready to be tested! Yay!

My castle is a simple square-shaped one with all walls connected, spawn points created faithfully according to the tutorial pointers, and with a 14m siege ladder placed against the wall.

The problem lies here. When the attackers come, they never did try to use the ladder. Instead they just hang around the bottom of my wall while the defending archers take them out one by one. I've tried walking up and down the ladder myself to ensure that its path from start to finish is walkable, so no problems there.

ladderfail.jpg

Here is how one of the battles at my new castle look like. None of the attackers bothered to climb my ladder..

Anybody has any idea what is my mistake(s)? I thank all replies in advance. :>

Have you done the AI mesh path ?
Here a french pic I made for a friend, but you can see how the AI mesh is working.
872620clecle2.jpg

Thank you Emfromkraland, you're a real life saver!  :grin:

Thanks for introducing me to AI Mesh, I guess a have a lot of work to do still. Just by browsing through it, I must say the AI mesh looks really complicated to do. :>

I appreciate your intention to help, Lumos. Its the thought that counts.  :grin:

Anyway, thanks guys, because - it finally works! Phew! Now I respect even more the people who really took the time to make large and intricate castles.

ladderfail2.jpg

It works now! Thanks to everyone who have replied, and also to those who are reading this!

can someone points me the way to the " keys control (in edit mode)"  to add ladders to WB sp sieges maps? and is there another way beside trying to sieges every castle one by one?

the ladders you find under Edit Obekt/Scene Objekt/ scroll to the words with L and look for ladders

Bb said:
can someone points me the way to the " keys control (in edit mode)"  to add ladders to WB sp sieges maps? and is there another way beside trying to sieges every castle one by one?

I guess your question is if there is a way to enter those scenes without having to get to them ingame. Yes there is:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51851.msg1334787.html#msg1334787

This links to the Quick Scene Chooser, which is a very powerfull thing for scene editing. It was developed for the original M&B, but with really little tweak you can make it work for Warband too:

Follow the guides to install the modification, and for the last thing, where you have to post the code in red between some menu options (below the custom_battle_scenario thingy) just do the following :
Search for the following lines in games_menu.py
  (
    "tutorial",mnf_disable_all_keys,
    "You approach a field where the locals are training with weapons. You can practice here to improve your combat skills.",
    "none",

scroll down till the end of the tuple (many outcommented stuff in there) till you find the following and post the code in red between it:

(set_visitor,64,"trp_tutorial_rider_2"),
        (set_jump_mission,"mt_tutorial_training_ground"),
        (jump_to_scene,"scn_tutorial_training_ground"),
        (change_screen_mission),
        ]),

("choose_scene",[],"Scene Chooser (for Development only)",
        [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_choose_scenes_0"),]
      ),

("go_back_dot",
      [],
      "Go back.",
      [
        (change_screen_quit),
      ]),
    ]
  ),

This way you can access the menu from the Tutorial Option from StartScreen - This saves you a lot of loading time, and hours of time to access the scenes ingame.
(You have to change this cause the original menu from Quick Battles changed too much in Warband but i guess this is a good place for it)

Edit:  :oops: just recognized that you will find the same instruction in the original thread on page 4...
hehe but its nice to see that i come to the very same solution

Back
Top Bottom