New thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splintert said:
Arthur_Pendragon said:
restore the PW experience to what it used to be....old timers...

/heal = heals you for 6k

Try again.

This is on the server only because Sometimes There are no Doctors online. Keep in mind i mentioned i would love people like you and others to suggest ideas and come together to create something close to the original version while still keeping it realistic to todays population standards. For example we could possible change the /heal command to only work when there are no doctors online.

There's a major issues with a player driven gamemode where you can simply type "/heal" to instantly full-hp, especially when you probably have the double-hp setting on, and can do it in the middle of combat or even 30 seconds out of combat. It makes no sense, encourages individualized gameplay, unintelligent tactics, and further reduces the prevalence of actual doctors.

If you want to come even close to what PW, or even what Warband is about, /heal has to go. Simple as that. Convenience features aren't a bad thing, gameplay limiting convenience features are a very bad thing.

Your NRR rule also is impossible to enforce. You can rely on logs, but even then, by the wording of your rules, I could kill someone who killed me in 10 minutes and 1 second with the reason of "he killed me" with no consequence. The wording needs to explicity explain exactly what is restricted, for example, "You cannot have hostile interaction with the person(s) who caused your death until 10 minutes has passed.", but that still falls into the 10 minute 1 second trap. Simply change it to "You cannot have hostile interaction with the person(s) who caused your death until 10 minutes has passed, and you must have a new reason."

This covers all possible cases: you can't interact with them in a hostile manner for 10 minutes strictly, and after 10 minutes only with a reason distinctly separate from the previous event(s), without further restricting either side from interacting with each other in a non-hostile manner.

Even with that, it does not make much sense in terms of what PW was originally. It was supposed to be an entirely player driven affair, where the only way to prevent someone from killing you in revenge was avoiding them or keeping them away from you. That kind of gameplay automatically creates a dynamic environment where players team up not because they want to, but because they have to.

Splintert said:
There's a major issues with a player driven gamemode where you can simply type "/heal" to instantly full-hp, especially when you probably have the double-hp setting on, and can do it in the middle of combat or even 30 seconds out of combat. It makes no sense, encourages individualized gameplay, unintelligent tactics, and further reduces the prevalence of actual doctors.

If you want to come even close to what PW, or even what Warband is about, /heal has to go. Simple as that. Convenience features aren't a bad thing, gameplay limiting convenience features are a very bad thing.

Your NRR rule also is impossible to enforce. You can rely on logs, but even then, by the wording of your rules, I could kill someone who killed me in 10 minutes and 1 second with the reason of "he killed me" with no consequence. The wording needs to explicity explain exactly what is restricted, for example, "You cannot have hostile interaction with the person(s) who caused your death until 10 minutes has passed.", but that still falls into the 10 minute 1 second trap. Simply change it to "You cannot have hostile interaction with the person(s) who caused your death until 10 minutes has passed, and you must have a new reason."

This covers all possible cases: you can't interact with them in a hostile manner for 10 minutes strictly, and after 10 minutes only with a reason distinctly separate from the previous event(s), without further restricting either side from interacting with each other in a non-hostile manner.

Even with that, it does not make much sense in terms of what PW was originally. It was supposed to be an entirely player driven affair, where the only way to prevent someone from killing you in revenge was avoiding them or keeping them away from you. That kind of gameplay automatically creates a dynamic environment where players team up not because they want to, but because they have to.
You can only do the Heal command if there are no doctors online, and you must be in commoner town.
Noticed I said that they cannot RP with their killers until 10 minutes have passed and "Remember you do not have knowledge of your previous Death." on Top of that Rule 3 Pretty much enforces that. Meaning In my experience in most cases where someone is accused of Randoming the person responsible for the act uses loopholes inside the server rules to get away with it. Since Im not interested in sitting here writing a Rule book of 10 + pages. I came up with Rule number 3. Anyone who is being an ******* on the server by simply going around killing people for no reason or a made up stupid reason will be dealt with. PW Hasn't been played the way it was intended to be played in a long time. As much as i would love to let everyone go wild it simply wouldn't work with today's community. We can gradually take small steps in that direction.

That's been proven not to work for literally 4 or 5 years now and I'm not sure what justification or logic you're using to come to that conclusion. I tried it, you tried it, everyone tries it, but the only thing that happens is it's gotten worse. All or nothing.

Splintert said:
That's been proven not to work for literally 4 or 5 years now and I'm not sure what justification or logic you're using to come to that conclusion. I tried it, you tried it, everyone tries it, but the only thing that happens is it's gotten worse. All or nothing.
I have a few Ideas that i wanna see come alive. I want to give it another Try. You're more than welcome to leave suggestions on how we can change gameplay mechanics. You can do a lot server side. Native PW simply isn't the popular choice now a days. Its either I try this new approach and see what people think. or Not try at all.  A Native PW server would never capture the new communities attention.

If i do recall it was Nexus who introduced the server sided features to PW forcing every competitor to attain some sort of scripts as well. There's no going back now and we know Vornne is done As of now with Developing Persistent World. I'm trying to Introduce a new way of playing. Again your suggestions would be appreciated. I've already changed the heal Command to have conditions in which it cant be used thanks to your input. Lets keep it coming.

Hey splintert buddy, don't get mad at them. This is a game, so you can have fun your own way. Just don't play on the server if it upsets you.

Anyways good luck! Ask me if you want my services, I'll help for free as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom