New splash screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pellagus

Knight at Arms
Okay, I'm looking for ideas for the splash screen for NE:Warband.

This is what I'm using during the Warband testing phase :lol:
maineo.jpg

So far we've had Lady Lartkin and some Assassins as splash screens for the last two updates. Has anyone got any suggestions for the next splash screen?

Well that's definitely good for Halloween.

I think I'd go with a player as King type of picture (combat Crown), perhaps with the other crowns at his feet or something. Then again, I got a D+ in Drawing 101 so what the hell do I know.

You could put a nice armory with a complete DK armor on a dummy and some of the unique weapons/armors featured in the mod.
Or a DK army on the march, LL leading the troops and all.

Heh, I was thinking of an Addams Family type picture, with all the kings & queens of Calradia on there (with your inimitable style, Pellagus - Ragnar would look a little like that viking you used to have as your avatar), but I dunno if it would 'say' anything about the mod (apart from Katilus standing out slightly instead of Harlaus).

The original one you did for version 585 was quite apt too, in that it had Lady L and fire and brimstone.

I guess we should be thinking along DK lines etc, but it's hard to convey what you want to in a small picture - eg no horsemen of the apocalypse type pics, or battlefield pics.

One other idea that popped into my head was a Roy Lichenstein-type pic of Lady Larktin, but that would make no bloody sense at all.  :lol:

All the kings/queens of Calradia butting heads with LL standing off in the distance grinning menacingly? Though the Adams family picture sounds like a great idea, give LL some blond pig tails, she's in full black armor but she IS a little girl, standing waist high to the other leaders, crossed arms and pouting. I see her as Wednesday obviously, a child everyone is afraid of but a child none the less.
Perhaps she could be pulling the head off of a doll that is an effigy of one of the other rulers, the first country that gets invaded by the DK's?

Ha ha! I like the Lichenstein idea, how about: "I love Brad, but what will he think when I invade Calradia?"

Addams family is also a good idea, perhaps something like that or the painting American Gothic?

Sarranids could also work, the desert blending into the parchment background of the page...

Some corking ideas chaps, keep them coming.

Larktin climbing a desert palace stair, with her banner and hair streaming out in the wind, with a sarrinid village burning in the background.

Back
Top Bottom