New Shopping Options

Users who are viewing this thread

I've only played for a couple hours and I love this mod. I haven't figured it all out yet, but in do time.

So, the servers at late do get a little low on pop but maybe adding the addition to buy Soldiers if you actually are a military personnel or you can hire body guards and caravan soldiers if your a merchant guy doing some trading.

I can't go into detail right now, but maybe tomorrow, but I wish there was more to it so if there isn't as many people on the server, people can still have fun.

Hireable NPCs, yes, I shan't be handing you any awards for originality. But yeah, they'd be great fun, I'm sure most players would be okay with them. Balancing them would be easy too, it's just implementation that's the problem.

Laszlo said:
Hireable NPCs, yes, I shan't be handing you any awards for originality. But yeah, they'd be great fun, I'm sure most players would be okay with them. Balancing them would be easy too, it's just implementation that's the problem.

Well, you could set a script code that once they were hired they had the "Follow me" command that is in Single player, correct?

artifex said:
Laszlo said:

Well, you could set a script code that once they were hired they had the "Follow me" command that is in Single player, correct?

Yeah, probably.

I think it's a want most can agree upon though. There will be instances of griefers that want to ruin the fun of others. Buying Guard NPCs could be a fix for that. Maybe there are only two people in a server and they want to have a massive war, BAM fixed.

There are pros and cons about the idea, it is something to wonder about though.

Splintert said:
some kind of script that makes them attack people that the player attacked, or attacking other factions. i dont think NPCs are a good idea, though

How can you be against this?
Im imagining player commanded battles here...
How about: They are not, too expensive ((5k or sth.)) but have like cheapest equip. ((Maybe just tabard and for infantry troops a gambeson?))
Also set like a maximum of 10 per player? The problem is the balancing though..

I don't think this is a good idea. Imagine, when every ppl has his own NPC: The server will be too laggy for first, then bandits will attack in huge groups on single target or will not attack at all, becouse there will be armies marching through the map. IMO it will destroy completely the RP we are experiencing right now and the current state of server is good enough - no need of NPC. Well only NPCs that would be handy, could be gate guards or something like that, just for the view at a gate guarded by some thugs  :grin:

I think its good if the bots just be guards, guarding just single areas or rooms. Like in each castle you could hire a guard bot to guard the armory, prison, gate house, entrance etc basically attack anyone that isn't wearing the shirt colour of that castle.

Mishkin said:
I think its good if the bots just be guards, guarding just single areas or rooms. Like in each castle you could hire a guard bot to guard the armory, prison, gate house, entrance etc basically attack anyone that isn't wearing the shirt colour of that castle.
Exactly. But an option to hire NPC for anyone will degrade the game IMO.

Back
Top Bottom