New plate armour for IaW:make a request

Users who are viewing this thread

The next armour I make for IaW will be a full plate harness, circa 1400.  This is your chance to put in a request for the armour you'd like to see on the highest tier knights.  I'll consider anything from the last third of the 14th century, up to the beginning of the 15th.  Agincourt-era armours are really pushing the time-frame limits of the mod, but I'm willing to consider it if you can be persuasive enough.

Please post images with your request.  Avoid posting requests for armours that are not period appropriate.  If you're not sure, research a bit first.  Not only will you find the information fascinating, but you'll be able to turn girls on with your profound knowledge of medieval armour.  They just eat this stuff up.  And if you're female, I can quite assure you it works the other way around at least as well.

Er, sorry for the digression.  Now find me some good transitional armour images!  :razz:

I've got a few good ones, I'm uploading them now.

englishknight4.png

german2.png

german3.png

german4.png

italy9.png

italy10.png

I hope these will help you

Those images are awesome.  I'd love to add in about half of them, but that would take me forever.  I'm leaning mostly toward the mounted knight (centre) in the 4th picture.  I also like the Lombard knight in the 2nd last picture, but I'm wondering if anyone is able to show a historical reference for that triangular fauld.  I remember seeing one like that somewhere, but I can't find it now.  Most of the modern depictions I see of plate harness from the 1390s shows mail and gambesons over the hips. 

@Rath0s-  the Italian harness is too far from our time-period.  That's definitely a Milanese harness, which means it comes from a period when the "international" style of armour (the stuff you see during the transitinal period) had branched into distinct German and Italian styles.  So Ill not be doing that one, I'm afraid. 

the triangular fauld sure does look quite odd, I'm gonna read through the Osprey book its from and se if they mention it. I suppose it was to give extra protection to his man parts, without hindering movement to much. You could of course redesign the fauld on your own armour.  :smile:

I actually found an image that shows that type of fauld:
pic_spot_basc09-1.jpg
It's from an Italian altarpiece, circa 1376.  I found the picture in one of my previous posts, in the Italy at War Equipment and 3D thread  :lol:

So now I just need to figure out what the back looked like.  Still, some pictures of a real fauld like that would be most handy. 

Yeah the second one with the armour Otto is wearing is very nice, I also like the mix of the infantry man and as a scandinavian I am a big fan of kettle helmets (The kettle helmet was the most popular and widely used amongst scandinavians during the middle ages) :smile:

I love kettle helmets too, and I'm not Scandinavian. I have to say though, his falchion is more impressive than his helmet.

Back
Top Bottom