New Mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dimitris5050

Sergeant at Arms
Hello guys! im trying making a new mod, but the problem is i need some people help me creating a Duel Mod for M&B 1.011
I need help someone for making the items, and armor.
Someone for kingdom management
I will create troops for factions, and mercenaries like Mercenary Fencer, Mercenary Duellist etc
I also need someone adding new food too like hardtack,adding morale to wine,to ale etc
If someone is interested contact me with email: [email protected]
and if someone helped me with textures and items send me the file to remove the old and add the new.

yet another guy comes her to ask people to make his mod, the only rthing you can do is work with a troop editor.....?
well, learn to a bit more before starting a mod.....

I know editing troops with editor.... i got 2 of them, but i dont know how to add textures, i just tried to install gimp dds plugin
but dont know how......

Nobody will do the whole work for you... Learn the basics of the module system , experiment , I started my own personal project and to be honest , it is not easy... Show respect to the fine fellows of this community.

Dimitris5050 said:
I know editing troops with editor.... i got 2 of them, but i dont know how to add textures, i just tried to install gimp dds plugin
but dont know how......

First of all.
I guess that you are working with .txt files instead of the module system... STOP IT :!:

If you are realy planning to make a solid mod, then the only way is to make it with the module system.

There are also quite a lot editors what make changes in the module system, so you can make many changes without any knowledge about coding.
But I highly recommend you to learn at least the basics about the modul system,
so that you can make some changes which are not possible with any editor.

If you want to add new textures, you have add them to the textures folder of your mod fist and then add them also to a brf file. Get OpenBRF to open and edit brf files.

The one who started working on a new mod will always do the most of the work.
So thats you... and you need to become very good at your work in the future, otherwise the mod project will fail.
If you are going to hire other modders, then you have to coordinate and organize the dev team and it's work beside your own work.

So get some skill about programing, 3d/2d art, mapping etc. before you hire new modders, because noone wants to do all the work, what mostly need to be done by you.

For me textures themselves are not the biggest problem but the TEXTURING. Especially the whole baking of the model and UVW unwrapping. There's a bunch of tutorials in the unoficial tutorial section. Take a look. Also at unoficial modding tools.

My advice: sit down a bit, write down your ideas, see exactly what you want to do. That is a huge step. Once you're sure of what you want to do, do some research, documentation and then start doing tutorials.

It is better to work yourself on your mod. Having a team is great but if you're your own boss you can make the whole game look and feel the way YOU want it to. Of course it's hard. But that's why it's beautiful.

Good luck.

PS. use the Q&A thread with confidence, but try things before you ask. People will be more willing to help you if they see you at least tried.

Back
Top Bottom