Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

powerg8

Regular
Right now there are only two heros in the game(with out any mods)what do you think about more heros in version 1.0?

Why do people have to make a poll out of every single unimportant thread? *sigh* At least add a fun option so there's something you can vote. :roll:

Speacial units that you can add to your party through missions & conversations. They raise in level and can have their equipment customized just like the main character.

ilex said:
I don't know if it's just me, but I think that heros take away the need to develop party skills yourself.

That they can do. But you should be allowed to have only a certain number of them. In Mag7 if you survive the first few levels, your character becomes godlike way faster than in the normal game.

Having heroes filling in the gaps in your party skills makes it easier to have a highly capable party while still being an effective combattant yourself. I disagree that there should be more party slots though, or slots specifically for heroes. Since having a hero in your party boosts the entire party (e.g., by making it faster, giving it a wider perception range on the map, etc.) they can be more valuable than regular units, so there should be a trade-off. I think that decreasing by one per hero the number of varieties of units you can have is a fair trade.

Of course, this means that if more heroes are added to the game, you don't necessarily want to have all of them in your party, and I think that's fine too. There are only so many party skills a hero can offer, and since most of those skills don't stack, there's no point in having more than one hero specialize in them. What I imagine is having new heroes become available as the story of the game progresses, and letting the player decide upon meeting one whether to add him in place of one of his current heroes, sacrifice a party slot to add him without dropping a current hero, or simply not adding him at that time.

As a side note, this has already been suggested, but with more heroes it becomes even more useful: it would be great to be able to take one of your recruited heroes, put him in charge of his own war band, and set him loose on the map as an independent unit, either doing whatever he wants or obeying some simple orders you give him before setting him loose. That way unneeded heroes can do something useful instead of just wasting away at the inn.

It might make things a bit more interesting if the game was set up to limit certain aspects of heroes: make some ONLY polearms, or archers. It would make it more important to pick and choose the heroes you want.

That said, I doubt it'll happen...but as was said, Mag7 makes for rather overpowering groups: My guy and his seven heroes can take on Anything thrown at them.

Back
Top Bottom