New Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont know anything about periods or history, but in the overall visuals Japan belongs to another universe, at least the colorful japanese samurai we're used to, I feel it wouldnt fit Calradia as we know it. At least I personally would feel disrupted seeing Samurais fighting Vlandian Knights
But not general.
What is general? Japanese? Chinese? Indian? Russian? They're all different cultures, way, way different cultures in a million aspects

I am all for having more variety in bannerlord, but thus far I have never seen anyone in any form of non-Japanese media portray Pre-1860 Japanese history without falling into boring ahistorical / borderline offensive stereotype territory. I wouldn't have high hopes here either, I mean look at the Battanians. There are just too many pop culture expectations which taleworlds hasn't shown any willingness to avoid anywhere else.

The problem is that Japanese history is relatively narrowly understood by most people as a mystical island of HONORABURR katana-worshipping samurai who are all strict warrior code adherents, and that stereotype just gets reflected in pop culture. I would much, much rather they didn't any new factions rather than including yet another Katana-wielding faction like we've seen a billion times before.

And let's be honest here that if they made a japanese faction people would probably expect then to not have shields making then the faction that always gets conquered first

ok you want a historical authenticity in game when you have faction like Empire (who represent end of antiquity) and Vlandia (middle of the Middle Ages).... pls dont.

Really we can mix chinese and japanese culture and create nice faction even with shields.

ok you want a historical authenticity in game when you have faction like Empire (who represent end of antiquity) and Vlandia (middle of the Middle Ages).... pls dont.

Really we can mix chinese and japanese culture and create nice faction even with shields.
Byzantium existed until 1453(AD) bud. Eastern Roman Empire, Empire of the Greeks, The Roman Empire, whatever you wish to call it - It was far from antiquity.

Last edited:
African faction with territory below the Aserai
ae4e7915cdaf3f8204dede11dc7d00bd.jpg

a2d6942b8fb963da3732507ced5423bd.jpg

e0a5f3f5090b89b90202105b30ca13b9.jpg

0e4754367afaf6650a298945262553f7.jpg

main-qimg-70c9a7c85b7929c10dbc569066909201.webp

I don't necessarily want accuracy, but I also really don't want a generic stereotyped faction which is based more on pop culture than anything.

I dont want any Asians in my Bannerlord breaking my realism immersions bloody SJW inclusion :wink: (joking offcourse) If we needed to bring in another faction in Bannerlord, its hard to implement, but some what if nations could be fun. Like: What if the Carthaginians had never been destroyed but in together with the naval DLC. Or Koreans with the same, that type of ship battle would maybe fit Bannerlord. In general a Japanese unification DLC or a Three Kingdom China one could be fun, just like we got the Viking one for Warband.

I would like to see an indian or african faction.
Maybe added on a new continent, to provide a challenge for people who united Calradia, so they would have to sail over and fight stronger kingdoms, with low recurces and slow reinforcements until some land is conquered.

When full factions are too much, some mercenaries would be nice, so you can get some variety without adding whole fctions with land and such and still expand the lore of M&B.

Isn't map huge so far and factions are diverse enough or am I getting old? :roll:

Also there are mods for Warband covers most of the world or has enormous fantasy map with tons of factions, I never travelled to some parts of these maps and didn't interact with all factions.

If they will add some factions, I would like to see factions emerged from existed ones or simple invaders such as Nords

Many people are asking for shields for SHOCK INFANTRY....imagine Japanese that didn't use shields at all, even heavy infantry wouldn't use it....an entire shieldless faction.

Medieval Vietnam would be interesting? It would be like China but with elephants I think.

Back
Top Bottom