• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

New Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Rivet

Veteran
WBWF&SNWVC
What faction type missing for you? I'm want see something like samurai faction. Maby in some DLC when that kind of faction invades calradia.

some visualisation:
d30qmn0-27f49dfe-e075-4c7e-a0f9-b5793bb4f1e9.jpg
4d21e61648b97732f3ab496e249bca28.jpg
assassins-creed-feudal-japan.jpg
dcf2cef295e7cdefbff3acd573fbc16a.jpg
c71362629d31a7df4fec5889cea578ff.jpg
Uesugi_Kenshin_in_Kawanakajima.jpg
Akodo_Toturi_3.jpg
Incredible-Worrior-Art-Examples-5.jpg
wjOukwB.jpg
david-benzal-pobladopx-acoplado-copia.jpg
concept-4-concept4-stormingthecastle.jpg
david-benzal-samurai-encounter.jpg
david-benzal-watching-the-battle.jpg
david-benzal-the-judgment.jpg
david-benzal-the-congrest.jpg
david-benzal-futsuka-mae.jpg
david-benzal-sh-in-the-wood-02-copia.jpg

Younes

Master Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
Honestly something based upon asia in general (not only japanese) could really do well in the game.

Firunien

Grandmaster Knight
I hope they´ll add factions with dlcs, like a Geroa dlc which contains a new continent with Mongolian,Chinese,Japanese and an Indian inspired faction, would love to see those throwing chakrams :grin:

AxiosXiphos

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Working on the little we know about DLC I believe a proper Nordic faction off the North Calradia coast adding in sea battles as well might be a likely possibility. In addition there is whatever country the Vlandians come from which is presumeably a UK equivalent somewhere off to the North-west. In this case the Vlandians doing a reverse Norman conquest (coming from the isles to take over land on the mainland).

Expanding the map east would also be great; an Asian faction would add something really new to bannerlord. I would also like to see the map moved south and an 'african' equivalent faction get added. Perhaps a Carthage analog (obviously assuming in this world it didn't get wiped out by the Empire).

Why south though? One word. Elephants.

Kernowek

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Maybe with the naval DLC we'll be able to sail to a new continent with Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Indian cultures.

A Heian period inspired Japanese faction would be cool - Pre-Samurai.

1cNUf.jpg
MkRQG.jpg

Last edited:

stevepine

Knight
The factions in the game now (or the nations which they are really based on) actually fought each other in history (the Crusades and the Viking invasions as examples) Samurai would be UTTERLY out of place in the game. So, please just no. Sorry, doesn't fit with Mount and Blade.

Aboud2195

Squire
The factions in the game now (or the nations which they are really based on) actually fought each other in history (the Crusades and the Viking invasions as examples) Samurai would be UTTERLY out of place in the game. So, please just no. Sorry, doesn't fit with Mount and Blade.
By that logic, Valandians and Khuzaits should not exists together in the game.
Edit: Also, mongols fought the samurai during the mongol invasion of japan.

Hirano

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I don't think it will fit because all of this is 16th-century japan. Bannerlord is set 500 years before any of this, so we would have a civ much more advanced than the others or it wouldn't be the japan people recognize

Kernowek

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
And the Samurai didn't exist in the way we know them until ~1192 - Until this point they were not the noble warrior class. Proto-Japan Heian period warriors were either the Emishi horse archers which wouldn't be too dissimilar to the Khuzait and the Japanese warriors from the Heian state were modelled off the Chinese infantry of the period.
The Samurai when formed at first not being a warrior class but a policing force - The combination of the two cultures ways of war and rise of the feudal system which created the Shogun, Daimyo and the Samurai we know today.

But famously the Mongols tried to invade the Japanese and so the Khuzait could actually be the link between the two. (Also Asia was known considering that even Alexander got to India, remember).
Also the Mongols invaded Russia (established by Vikings & Slavs) so with the Khuzait in between Asia and Europe can be included.

I don't think it will fit because all of this is 16th-century japan. Bannerlord is set 500 years before any of this, so we would have a civ much more advanced than the others or it wouldn't be the japan people recognize
This - That's why I have mentioned the Heian period, which fits with the time period Bannerlord leans towards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom