New Character upon Retirement

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been playing warband for a while now, and what struck me the most considering the characters in Caladria was that almost everyone had family relations with someone of the other lords/ladies of caladria.

What i started thinking was "Hmmm wouldn't it be nice to be able to have heirs of your own? Or brothers, nieces, son-in-laws, daughters ect ect."

Then when i first saw the "Retire from adventuring" button i thought "Maybe when i press this my characters story in caladria is over, but either he (Considering wether they're married or not) gets a son/daughter and you would be able to continue their journey on caladria, or if they aren't married, perhaps you start over with a new character and your old one is one of the new kings/lords in caladria which you can fight with or ally yourself with"

This is what i think is the most lacking in the game, would like peoples opinions of it.

The "play as your character's child" feature is pointless imho. The first idea would be somewhat good I guess, but the game is about a stranger's adventure in Calradia. Being already in a Calradian family  would make the game too easy.

There would be extra story potential on the other hand though... because your not a stranger to the land there are potential rivalries from the very start. Instead of wondering are these bandits or people that were paid to kill or kidnap your character they actually are assassins or paid kidnappers. Their employers then must be confronted and defeated or it will escalate to fighting off full blown mercenary bands in the field.

These bands of mercs will seek you out as your traveling the map and they may not wait for you to be ready for a fight when they come all the time... like say after a battle you just barely fought.

Also, you would be able to incrementally build up strength over a few generations, each new hero standing on the shoulders of the one before. You would be able to inherit a few soldiers and fief and enterprise income, but you would have your personal stats completely wiped. It would sort of be the opposite of the Character Export/Import function. I think that would be a very cool idea for a mod, or perhaps a bannerlord feature *wink.

Back
Top Bottom