New Armour that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

woohoo, lots of cool ideas

Someone mentioned Corinthian helms would be cool in the game, only if they were on forest bandits or sommat, then when i shout "DIE DICKHEADS" The mountain bandits would be dead.... because you know what those things look like.....

Ian

jackyjkchan said:
can horses have armour too?
Speaking of which. In addition to Tabards, I'd like to have cloth-heraldric thingies for horses, too (I don't know what the term is when it's on a horse :roll: ).

Ah. I thought "Barding" referred only to armor, hence why I didn't use it.

Okay, then. I'd like heraldric barding for my Charger. :grin:

armour in this style (it's the same type of armour, not same design)

Run Away!
montypythonholygraillrg.jpg
[/img]

Ok, so it's not armour, but didn't feel like making a new thread and this was the closest to it. Capes. You know you want 'em.

Worbah said:
I'd like a plate mail that doesn't look like a corset or something. I don't know if the way they are now is like they were in real life, but the upper piece should IMO overlap the lower piece. Think about the chafing, for starters, that the ones that there are now have.
It may look like that, but it's not platemail -> skin. It's platemail -> chainmail -> padded cloth or leather -> linen tunic -> skin. Lots of layers.

LB said:
Worbah said:
I'd like a plate mail that doesn't look like a corset or something. I don't know if the way they are now is like they were in real life, but the upper piece should IMO overlap the lower piece. Think about the chafing, for starters, that the ones that there are now have.
It may look like that, but it's not platemail -> skin. It's platemail -> chainmail -> padded cloth or leather -> linen tunic -> skin. Lots of layers.

He only says that because he's never worn a breastplate before. It's actually VERY comfortable, because it supports everything you've got an lets the weight ride on your hips instead of you shoulders. Maille sucks for that very reason -it's ALL on your shoulders.

WipperSnipper said:
Eird-Way said:
Helm said:
I'd like to see some later style renaissance armours and helmets,and if possible Japanese and other far Eastern style ones imagine a full Sassanid Cataphract look wouldn't that be great ?

I agree with only the latter for the core game, as my initial thought was that the Swadians were supposed to be Muslims and we could have a sort of crusade thing going on. Cataphract armor would be great.

There will have to be multiple mods spanning vastly different periods.

And please, add lots of magic stuff. Turn Mount & Blade into one more generic bargain bin RPG. Add haughty elvish rangers, impetuous and greedy dwarven axemen, and a trite-as-hell prophecy while you're at it. w00. Don't forget the color-coded elemental magic. Can't have an RPG without that.

AMEN!
PS: Im not religious...

I want to see some of the old gothic armor get made. Would be very cool , Also i want someone to make a magic mod. That way , all the magic loonie's can go and play "fight the dragon" and all that stuff....and all the Historic Loonie's can go and argue that some random peice of armor is not 100% identical to the real thing...

And then the forum's will be split into 2 Section's , The war's will start , and on one side people will be trying to conjure fireballs, THe other will be argueing that "this catapult is wrong for this period in time!"

1) Magic will -never- be implemented in to the retail version of Mount & Blade. Stop asking for it. Damn you.

2) Do not say anything remotely resembling the following - "zOMG I wnt majikz an pntee earz & omgwtf fireball pwn!!!" or you will be flamed/ignored.

3) As WhipperSnapper said, some of this stuff would be nice to see in a -!MOD!-, do not Ask/Suggest/Mention/etc. putting it in to the Retail Version (aka Full Version) of Mount & Blade because it will Never. Be. Done. Go post it on the Mods Discussion.

4) I'm done ranting... idiots & fools & fantasy w----s. Go play Runescape, and preach about how Kung Fu Jesus will return and kick n00b butt. kkthxbai.

For coherence sake, to have a world that feel realistic, I think we should stick to the equipment of 1 period : middle age(and personally, I would prefer we stick to a certain period of the middle age, but oh well). And 1 location : europe and the region nearby.

If we start adding ancient greek armor, roman armor(lorica segmenta wasnt used since a long time already, when the roman empire fell), chinese/japanese armor... well, we will have a silly world, not a "cool" one. Then what will be next... Inca armor? Kevlar suit? Elephant as mounts?

If some people want to do a japanese mod, great! But no Samurai in an european context.

By the way, the books of the osprey collection are an excellent source for all that is armor of a specific period.

like this book :

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0850453941/qid=1122567977/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/702-0512947-0700061

I think some 14th century plate armour would be great, with the helmet that has the look of a elongated nose, by that time full plate armour was so advanced it gave little friction to movement.

Ehm have you looked at the "Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:36 pm" ?

You should let such threads rest in peace, or they may become angry...

More variety of designs on shields and such would be nice; some plain-faced wood shields, targets, various heraldic arms, etc. Also on the heraldic armor, a number of variations would be pleasing. Acton or Cuton. Leine would be nice. While a piece of Gaelic clothing, fancier variations were also worn in other parts of Europe by higher class fokks (a knee-length shirt worn without trousers). A leine with an acton would be nice, or with a mail hauberk on it. Or all of those. Could imitate gallowglass mercenaries then, who were quite prevalent during the renaissance, and were assisted by their ceitherne, who would be wearing leines with acton, and probably tagged along by with some more poor folks, who'd be dressed in tunics with some tight fitting pants or shorts, which is pretty much already in.

Shoulder mantles would be nice. It's not a full-length cloak; not near so cumbersome. It's just hangs down to around the middle of the shoulder blades, and fastens or is pinned on the right shoulder, and could be worn in a fight to keep warm, without being cumbersome. They were a variety of colors and designs, including plain colors, plaids, checks, strips, fringed, etc.

More helmet designs. Variants of some sallet and such. Like a visored sallet. Helmet decoration. Maybe give each helmet a slot, maybe some two slots, to attach a decoration of some sort, like horns, crest, a spike or peak, plume, etc. That'd be nice. Maybe too complicated though, so just having some decorated helmets at all would be cool.

I've actually got 10 armours that weren't originally there. I use a programme called CONVIM "Image format converter" (downloaded from somewhere) to switch DDS to JPG and then doodle away. Usually I take extracts from other graphics - my black Ladyarmour for example, is a combo of black plate and Xena: Warrior Princess outfit, pasted into the space for the fur tunic. Obviously my game loses the fur tunic, but Calradia is way too warm for furs anyway :wink:

Kniggit said:
hehe, yes Lorica Segmentata, in that case we should add the lorica squamata and Lorica Hamata, maybe even add the Scutum

Well we could always afdd different types of weaves of maille, for instance, 4 in 1 in the standard, 6 in 1 is thicker, 8 in 2 is really thick, hell you could go 12 in 3 if you had the right diameter rings

and ring maille, you mean line the rings dont connect, they are stitched to like a leather jerkin?

OOO
OOO
OOO like this?

Scale, need more scale dont we

hmm, ive heard of maille mittens, and a pal of mine tried to make a fingered maille glove, but you cant move your hand much

and some of the armours need to be renamed like the padded cloth, depending on which time period, they were either call Gambeasons or Aketons

Ok, MORE SUGGESTIONS HERE
I want that cats hat :lol:

Barrelsuit is the word!

Think of it... a fierce warrior would come with a massive axe and... a barrelsuit!

oh... it would be the coolest thing in the whole game, really.

Back
Top Bottom