New Armour that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

i definately think greek and roman armors would be cool. i know the whole greek armor thing is not within the time period, but i think that people using some roman armor in some cases had to have been a reality then, considering the empire's recent influence on europe.. also, i think there should be many variations of great helmets

I think the game should be focused on avoiding the standard fantasy things that show up in many CRPGs. In other words no bearded wizards blasting you with a "+5 Fireball of extra misery", getting attacked by halfling rouges or other lame fantasy RPG crap.

Eh, whatever, sarcasm, whats the point to it

The morrowind setup of armour was alright. You know, Cuirass, pauldrons, gaunts, Greaves (which should be cuisses) and boots (which are usually a combo of greaves and sabatons)

That way we have lotsa variety, its probly alot of work, but it would be cool. That way you can find different combos of armour that work and look great.

I would love to be able to go back and strangle the victoria age so called 'scholars' that gave us such horribly wrong terms such as "Ring mail" "Scale mail" "Banded mail", so annoying to see things like that.

From what I've seen in game this is one that isn't overly bad as far as the lame and wrong armour terms that have mostly been inprinted by D&D.

If the devs really want to show they are NOT a magic based, D&D tagalong clone derivitave, then they really should try to avoid things that are just really wrong as far as history goes. This doesn't mean you can't use armour styles that are 500 years and more apart in our history, it is a game after all, but bowing a little to real history really shows you're not bowing to fantasy magic.

End of my Historian Rant.

Anyone that wants to check out a really good history based site (Mostly armour) that doesn't have give in too much to LARP and SCA styles (Which more often than not have little to do with history. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust sources of history info that don't minds armour thats clearly made out of uncovered/painted plastics, or carpets)
www.arador.com is a great place.

I'd love to have new armor of ancient rome empire time, when Greek trojan, spartan hoplite, armored hoplite, Troy, Roman, and other nations that have their own of unqiue armor style. I'd love to dress as macedonian, greek, or roman's warrior!

Eagle out...

Why do I get the feeling this would make a great addon? Have some other features with the acient armours/cities and sell as a cheap expansion to the final game?

That, or a large scale community made mod.

Japanese!!!

A cheap Suit:

tatamido.jpg

A moderately priced suit:

mogamido.jpg

An expensive suit:

marudo.jpg

A cheap helmet:

hineno2.jpg

An expensive helmet:

koboshi.jpg

Head of a yari, a 7'-11' spear

yari.JPG

A naginata, better than a glaive, but not as heavy as a bardiche:

1020gtj.jpg

The katana (or daito) would be similar in effectiveness to the scimitar.

The no-dachi (great sword) would be similar to a SoW

The tetsubo, an iron-clad bumpy mace:

quentinwestcott6.jpg

Would definately like to see Japanese armour and weapons as there are a few of us talking about making a Samurai mod.

http://taleworlds.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2065

Come get involved :grin:

Mentioned briefly earlier, a pavise (large sheild, often with a "leg" that you deploy to let it stand on it's own). Could see this as something a bowman carries and deploys to hide behind while reloading.

I'm definetly against far eastern armor; It would be far better in a mod than in the main game. Middle eastern, turkish, and mongolian armor makes much more sense as cultures from all of these areas were often in conflict with Europe. (Note: I know there is already mongolian style weapons and armor)

I also think we should be able to choose armor for our horses. Even the heaviest chargers were slowed down by the full armor they were wearing, and we should be able to decide how encumbered they'll be.

How about some heavy Khergit armor? I can't find any good pictures but 14th and 15th century mongols/timurids had some heavy armor that would look great for Khergit. It consisted of a solid flat breastplate with bands coming down to protect the front of the legs and more bands on the upper arms. Chainmail covered areas not protected by the plates. This would be combined with light plate boots and gauntlets as well as a conical helmet with a visor to protect the face and scales or chianmail at the back. Patterned silk was often worn over the top, kind of like European surcoats. A cataprakt horse with the scale armor would also be nice.

Back
Top Bottom