Nerf cavalry in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Hard disagree.What about spears, poacher perks for ranged, javelins, counter cav? I find them more than enough to massacre cav in any game mode. And in siege cav is useless

Cav is absolutely the best class to own in TDM, and there are no real counters to it. You pick engagements, and if you pick them wrong it's your fault - even then against spear infantry cav is advantageous, so are against ranged. Good cav is #1 in KD ratio and points assuming equal skill, it's not even a contest.

I've seen good cav usage in siege.

Cav is absolutely the best class to own in TDM, and there are no real counters to it. You pick engagements, and if you pick them wrong it's your fault - even then against spear infantry cav is advantageous, so are against ranged. Good cav is #1 in KD ratio and points assuming equal skill, it's not even a contest.

I've seen good cav usage in siege.
Ye cav is a bit op on tdm but personally I don’t think it’s that big of a problem, il be #1 regardless :wink:. Tbh the best would be a class cap depending on how many players there are on the server, like if there are six and under on the server there can only be inf. then ten and under there can only be one archer per team. then eventually you get more archer and cav slots obviously the numbers can be tweaked this was just a example. Cav might be op on tdm but cav rly ruins skirmish.

Cav was nerfed in last patch already, head damage from lance is 25% lower, and couch is much harder to hit after update

The main issue with cav is vast majority of players have zero awareness and will never use the tilde key. Theres not much you can do about cav that will backstab you when youre already engaged, but I consistently see idiots getting killed simply because they are both blind and deaf. Walking by themselves in the middle of nowhere, they hear the cav coming but it's literally just background noise to them and they apparently have a hard time associating it with death, no matter how many times it happens.

There is always going to be a proportion of useless zombies in both teams, cav is mobile so they can engage more useless cannon fodder zombies than inf, nothing you can do mechanics wise to prevent it.

lue0qAl.jpg

The main issue with cav is vast majority of players have zero awareness and will never use the tilde key. Theres not much you can do about cav that will backstab you when youre already engaged, but I consistently see idiots getting killed simply because they are both blind and deaf. Walking by themselves in the middle of nowhere, they hear the cav coming but it's literally just background noise to them and they apparently have a hard time associating it with death, no matter how many times it happens.

There is always going to be a proportion of useless zombies in both teams, cav is mobile so they can engage more useless cannon fodder zombies than inf, nothing you can do mechanics wise to prevent it.
YOU DON'T HEAR THE DAMN HORSES. The sound is literally ****, don't blame the players for devs fault. IRL, you can feel and hear the horses just fine.

But even if you do, cav have the edge over infantry and archers.

Want to really fix cav, just put friendly fire on. A lot of the worse multiplayer balance issues get immediately resolved when the game is played the way its meant to be.

Want to really fix cav, just put friendly fire on. A lot of the worse multiplayer balance issues get immediately resolved when the game is played the way its meant to be.
I doubt we will ever see multiplayer ff on official servers.

But i wish they would enable reflective ff (but not typical reflective, but deal as much damage as the hit in exact conditions would deal TO YOU, not to friend you hit).

YOU DON'T HEAR THE DAMN HORSES. The sound is literally ****, don't blame the players for devs fault. IRL, you can feel and hear the horses just fine.

But even if you do, cav have the edge over infantry and archers.
you hear the horses but in order to do so you need to lower all volume to 1/3 or less, max out effects volume and then increase windows volume for everything. Asked taleworlds already to increase the scaling for the effects slider but no response

also pro players have been suggesting slowing down cav but making it tankier for like 2 years now sadly also no response

you hear the horses but in order to do so you need to lower all volume to 1/3 or less, max out effects volume and then increase windows volume for everything. Asked taleworlds already to increase the scaling for the effects slider but no response

also pro players have been suggesting slowing down cav but making it tankier for like 2 years now sadly also no response
Gotta check that hack, damn.

Yep, i would gladly take slower and tankier cav any day.

Cavalry is too good on pub servers,
Cavalry is just another class with advantages and tradeoffs.
and too cheap.
It's already the most expensive class. And if you're a dedicated cavalry player your favorite class is gated behind getting good at other classes (ie. if you're bad at infantry or archery you'll never get the $ to pick cavalry). So while the last price hike for the cavalry class did filter out a lot of cavalry players, the ones that persisted are now good with other classes too.
Cav is absolutely the best class to own in TDM, and there are no real counters to it.
Terrain and polearms are good counters. Situational awareness also helps.

It can often take upwards of half your quiver to kill a horse without hunter. So no archers are not the solution to enemy cav unless they are defended by spears very well.

Back
Top Bottom