Needing some help with shaders

Users who are viewing this thread

So the mod a team im in is working there are several shaders that dont seem to work correctly in comparison to native. Agent shader causes items to be wayyyyy too dark, Iron and specular shaders on the other hand cause items to gleam way too bright. The mod is based on an module converted from MB 1.011 to Warband, Star Wars Conquest, so thats probably where the issues come from.

I know the shaders somewhat badly, only know how to use a handfull of them in any way and would need some help with fixing them.

To make sure you are using native shaders. Go to the root of your module, if you find the files mb_2a.fxo, mb_2b.fxo or mb.fx make backups and then remove them from the module. (If you have overwritten the native shader files in warband root folder, then download the shaders from the tale world download section. To get the native shaders back). If none of these are true then you have always been using the native shaders.

There are some differences between the original mount and blade shaders and warband shaders. The iron shader has been mostly replaced with standart_shader. The specular shader no longer uses the alpha channel as a spec map, so you need to create a specular texture if you want to use the spec shader. I have no experience with the agent shader but i assume you'll want to switch to a standart shader. 

I would familiarize yourself with the standart_shader and specular_shader as these are your bread and butter.
Also you can adjust the Spec Rbg and coeff values to change how the specularity is rendered.
Check how the native warband materials are setup for examples.

Back
Top Bottom