Need to resize terrain without paint layer stretching

Users who are viewing this thread

Solution
Good day,

Problem: I want to add a node without the paint layer stretching. I want it to stay the same, while just having extra, unedited land I can work on.

Thanks in Advance
Are you sure adding nodes stretches the paint layer? I've not tried it, but if it does you should report it as a potential bug.

Assuming it does, you could try the following work around:

Select the paint layer then move to the Terrain property_browser and select Export Materialmap. This creates a black and white blueprint of your existing paint layer. A 4,096 x 4,096 vertices map exports a 4,097 x 4,097 pixel materialmap (or heightmap). Whatever the number of vertices a 1 pixel border is added for some unknown reason.
You'll need to repeat this for...
Good day,

Problem: I want to add a node without the paint layer stretching. I want it to stay the same, while just having extra, unedited land I can work on.

Thanks in Advance
Are you sure adding nodes stretches the paint layer? I've not tried it, but if it does you should report it as a potential bug.

Select the paint layer then move to the Terrain property_browser and select Export Materialmap. This creates a black and white blueprint of your existing paint layer. A 4,096 x 4,096 vertices map exports a 4,097 x 4,097 pixel materialmap (or heightmap). Whatever the number of vertices a 1 pixel border is added for some unknown reason.
You'll need to repeat this for each paint layer you want to preserve.

Then, increase your node grid and export a single new materialmap from any paint layer. In a photo editor turn this new sized texture completely black (unpainted in terrain layer terms).

Next copy and paste an old materialmap on top (you'll need to use rulers to align it correctly) and export a revised materialmap with the old paint layer superimposed over a larger unpainted area.

Select the appropriate paint layer and then import your adjusted materialmap. Repeat for other paint layers as required.

Sorry, I can't think of anything less tedious.

Upvote 0
Solution

You'll need to repeat this for each paint layer you want to preserve.

Then, increase your node grid and export a single new materialmap from any paint layer. In a photo editor turn this new sized texture completely black (unpainted in terrain layer terms).

Next copy and paste an old materialmap on top (you'll need to use rulers to align it correctly) and export a revised materialmap with the old paint layer superimposed over a larger unpainted area.

Select the appropriate paint layer and then import your adjusted materialmap. Repeat for other paint layers as required.

Sorry, I can't think of anything less tedious.
Pretty sure it's stretching...
That actually sounds quite promising! Thank You!
I'll try that the next time and report the results here.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom