Need more quality of life improvements, *recruiting troops*.

Users who are viewing this thread

I am writing this post because someone mentioned that recruiting troops later in the game is tedious, and I was thinking the exact same thing for quite a few patches now. Even if you just walk from village to village and recruit troops, it feels tiring and unrewarding... I think that one small easy improvement would be to have the "recruit all" button in a better place (middle, + make it longer and wider bar/button), + also make it so that it automatically recruits the troops and you don't have to move your mouse down to click "Done" and confirm the purchase anymore. The reason for this is that it would make it at least a little less tedious, you just go to recruitment screen and hit one button, no more tedious and precise mouse movements all the way to the right to the "recruit all", and then bottom down and a little more to the left for "Done" (very non-intuitive ngl, it's not even perfectly down below, it's also to the left :/ OCD peeps where you at?).

This might seem like a very small detail, but in the long run I promise that it matters. Even small actions like I said - First you move mouse to the left to go to recruitment screen, then mouse to the right and have to hit a very small button, and then you have to go bottom and little bit to the left to confirm... - can become very tiring, and IS very tiring if you do it all the time. It's like holding a cup of water above your head for a long time, you eventually get tired even if it's such a small weight. Just have one big wide button in the center of the screen to press once and boom, all troops are recruited with no confirmation needed, you instantly make the whole process less tedious by just a small change. Recruiting troops is one of the main actions to do in the game, so a quality of life improvement is necessary in my opinion, and this is a good start.

If you have any more ideas for more quality of life improvements please write a comment in this post and share!

I only recruit troops the default way about 3 times in the game. At the start to make initial part of 20 then 40, then when I have 1st town to have surplus of recruits. After that it's mostly prisoners and bandit surrenders, and starting empty companion parties, then disbanding them to get then to dump into garrisons. I might grab some troops from town from time to time but by in large I find it easy to fill up without running from village to village.

However I get your point about the overall tedious design of the UI and the many steps to do it. This kinda extends to everything in the game though.
It's a lot of pressing buttons and clicking on things, but I guess that just how computer games are. I suppose commands for clan parties to "recruit and raise " certain troops could cut down on it though.

Just press y then u will recruit all directly!
oh there actually is option to press "Z" to recruit, I didn't know that. Alright that's a little better, but still could use improvement. Still don't see the point of the recruit all clickable button

I only recruit troops the default way about 3 times in the game. At the start to make initial part of 20 then 40, then when I have 1st town to have surplus of recruits. After that it's mostly prisoners and bandit surrenders, and starting empty companion parties, then disbanding them to get then to dump into garrisons. I might grab some troops from town from time to time but by in large I find it easy to fill up without running from village to village.

However I get your point about the overall tedious design of the UI and the many steps to do it. This kinda extends to everything in the game though.
It's a lot of pressing buttons and clicking on things, but I guess that just how computer games are. I suppose commands for clan parties to "recruit and raise " certain troops could cut down on it though.

yeah, smithing is the same way... Maybe give a button press for it too, I don't know. Also smithing should save the weapon design so you can go back to it and craft it again easily... I would also like to save my character (I find that I play with default character just because I'm lazy to remake him every patch... just let me save my character after I create him).

oh there actually is option to press "Z" to recruit, I didn't know that. Alright that's a little better, but still could use improvement. Still don't see the point of the recruit all clickable button

yeah, smithing is the same way... Maybe give a button press for it too, I don't know. Also smithing should save the weapon design so you can go back to it and craft it again easily... I would also like to save my character (I find that I play with default character just because I'm lazy to remake him every patch... just let me save my character after I create him).
Well if press v to change character sliders on the map, you can press control c (I think) to copy the face/body data of you char. The in char creation you can press control V (I think ) to paste it in and change the sliders. You can I think you can just paste into a .text for later too and dig it out when you want.
I've done it a few times but I always have to look up the paste command so I might be off, but you can do it for sure.

Well if press v to change character sliders on the map, you can press control c (I think) to copy the face/body data of you char. The in char creation you can press control V (I think ) to paste it in and change the sliders. You can I think you can just paste into a .text for later too and dig it out when you want.
I've done it a few times but I always have to look up the paste command so I might be off, but you can do it for sure.

I know, they also said that you will be able to do the same for smithing, with ctrl + c and ctrl + v, but I tried it and my game crashed :/ I just want some neat little squares for those features that I can just click and it's an official feature... That would be preferable

It’s grind your and monotonous because nothing new ever happens. How about if the men demanded to see your fighting prowess or a contest of arms or showmanship with the ladies? How about if they occasionally had a hero among them who might join but you’d have to fight him first . There’s like no creativity going on here it’s a real shame. These are just the same bland mechanics from m&b 1

It’s grind your and monotonous because nothing new ever happens. How about if the men demanded to see your fighting prowess or a contest of arms or showmanship with the ladies? How about if they occasionally had a hero among them who might join but you’d have to fight him first . There’s like no creativity going on here it’s a real shame. These are just the same bland mechanics from m&b 1

yes, I want to show the ladies what I'm made of, good points ?

This comment is a bit too reductive as these are in NO way the same mechanics.

You can recruit higher quality troops from towns.

There are different classes of troops for faction, and you have to figure out where to find them.

You are fighting over the same pool of troops as all the other commanders, so if you have good relations with towns that you are at war with, you can snag those troops and deplete their available pool.

Definitely not the same mechanics.

I would put these complaints VERY low on the list of “things to address”. If your army is lacking me, it shouldn’t be overly easy to snap your fingers and just have a new army again. This is one of the biggest ways to cause attrition in a war In this game at the moment, and completely circumventing that would not be pretty.

This comment is a bit too reductive as these are in NO way the same mechanics.

You can recruit higher quality troops from towns.

There are different classes of troops for faction, and you have to figure out where to find them.

You are fighting over the same pool of troops as all the other commanders, so if you have good relations with towns that you are at war with, you can snag those troops and deplete their available pool.

Definitely not the same mechanics.

I would put these complaints VERY low on the list of “things to address”. If your army is lacking me, it shouldn’t be overly easy to snap your fingers and just have a new army again. This is one of the biggest ways to cause attrition in a war In this game at the moment, and completely circumventing that would not be pretty.

Yeah my comment wasn really meant to be taken verbatim but more of a general criticism over the monotony of most procedures in game as i am a fan of the possibility of emergent events happening in all aspects of this type of game. There really is little to none as we speak

Back
Top Bottom